Budget 31-40k College laptop within 40k

arunlakra15

Disciple
What's your Budget? <40k
What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Visual Studio 2012, Matlab 2012, heavy internet browsing, movies
What size and weight considerations do you have? 14/15 inch, no specific weight constraint
Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Dell preferred, I hate/detest Lenovo
Any other considerations? I'm a typist (82 wpm), so the laptop MUST have excellent keyboard and excellent build.quality (aluminium case).. Touchpad should be good, display should be better than others in same price range..

GFX CARD not required.. Intel 3000/4000 will do (I don't game) Build quality and keyboard are my top preference, strong hinges too.. I have Dell Inspiron 14R 5420 in mind but couldn't find an accurate review stating if the casing was of aluminium or plastic.. Aluminium would be too good :) Plz help me choose.. I plan to buy before 14th Feb..

The spec looks promising. I'll go check it out from HP retailers in my city..

Several Samsung models are available in flipkart.. Apart from the plastic casing, how is it overall (hinge, keyboard and toucpad)

Not having personal experience with Samsung, but as per feedbacks, nothing great, but not even sucking.

What's your Budget? <40k
What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Visual Studio 2012, Matlab 2012, heavy internet browsing, movies
What size and weight considerations do you have? 14/15 inch, no specific weight constraint
Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Dell preferred, I hate/detest Lenovo
Any other considerations? I'm a typist (82 wpm), so the laptop MUST have excellent keyboard and excellent build.quality (aluminium case).. Touchpad should be good, display should be better than others in same price range..

GFX CARD not required.. Intel 3000/4000 will do (I don't game) Build quality and keyboard are my top preference, strong hinges too.. I have Dell Inspiron 14R 5420 in mind but couldn't find an accurate review stating if the casing was of aluminium or plastic.. Aluminium would be too good :) Plz help me choose.. I plan to buy before 14th Feb..

there is a pretty decent i7 2nd gen model with 6gb and a small gpu available in flipkart.

The spec looks promising. I'll go check it out from HP retailers in my city..

Several Samsung models are available in flipkart.. Apart from the plastic casing, how is it overall (hinge, keyboard and toucpad)

According to the reviews the lower end samsung models (ones that are in the 30kish range) have pretty bad build quality. So avoid.

Flipkart has a v.good deal at 39k with 2nd gen i7, 6GB etc.. But, did research.. and found samsung's build quality is questionable. HP still doesn't satisfy me when it comes to touchpad and keyboard.. After reading many reviews, and checking it out myself, I think I'll be going with Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 (i3 3110M, 2GB, 500GB, 1GB 7670M).. Build quality looked good, touchpad felt really responsive and smooth and keyboard was comfortable too.. Though a little low on processing power, I got a good deal at flipkart at just Rs. 35475 (looked reasonable to me with a good gpu)

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.flipkart.com/dell-inspiron-15r-n5520-laptop-3rd-gen-ci3-2gb-500gb-linux-1gb-graph/p/itmddu8uxfpggjbg?pid=COMDDU8SCJSAWUCH&ref=1721feaa-8a56-4527-823b-26ddab303ebb I'll upgrade the RAM to 6GB.. all around 37k.. Looked quite a VFM to me :)

Back