Colorsit 450W Psu Review.

Don't have time to write a lenghty review,so please bear with the length of this review ,or rather,the lack thereof. ;)
So herez the deal:Was looking for a decent smps in NP for quite sometime.Since I had a limited budget of about 1k,I was desperate ,then I found this great piece of hardware.
Have been using it for two weeks,regulation is quite good ,3% or less on all rails(using asus probe,dmm may be even better).
Price:1125 paid.(with bill it was for 1200.lol.)
Connectors:
5xmolex
1xsata
1xfloppy
1xaux
24pin main atx connector with 4 pin jack for 20 pin boards
1x12v p4 connector.
Dual 80m fans with speed control knob at back. :cool2:
My verdict:
Best SMPS in Delhi as far as VFM goes coz Kunhar aint selling here.Even if they were it is better than their 400w one and almost as good as their 450w one coz the 12v rail is independent.
Dealer:Micron Trading,NP.
Thats all I have time for right now.Hope it helps someone.

PS:
I had earlier told a few members about Revika Computronix,which deals in colorsit cases ,turns out that the guy imports the stuff illegally. :O
Micron Trading is the dealer for this brand(colors-it.com.cn)and have a good service center too.

Update: (May 17th 2005)
Got some time to breathe today.So used my dad's old but still excellent Japanese checkman DMM to measure the voltages.K7 burn was used to load as always.

Results(idle/load):
3.3v-3.43/3.42
5v-5.20/5.18
12v-12.85/13.13

All voltages are, and are maintained, at levels higher than required.May be coz this psu is way overpowered for my rig. ;) But with these readings I am sure this will have no problems running a 6800 or perhaps even SLI.
Only concern is higher 12v rail but that is due to me having an a7n8x which doesn't load it.Even Deejay said that AXP systems often reach 13.2v on this rail on asus boards,if I remember correctly.

Here's a refined version of your review. Don't tell me that your mouth hung down after seeing this and your mom had to put a bucket below your mouth! :rofl:

Now compare this with the first one, and just decide for yourself which is better! So, you see, just a bit of proper formatting brings life to your review! ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good and cheap COLORSIT SMPS
A nice 450W PSU

Introduction:
Don't have time to write a lenghty review. Actually don't have time to write at all.

Rating:
o +3.3V - 18A
o +5V - 30A
o +12V - 19A

So, here's the deal:
Was looking for a decent smps in Nehru Place for quite sometime. Since I had a limited budget of about 1 K, I was desperate. Then, I found this great piece of hardware.

Using it for two weeks. Regulation is quite good. 3% or less on all rails (Using Asus Probe, DMM may be even better).

Main Features:
o 24-pin connector
o Dual Fan
o One SATA conenctor

Connectors:
o 5 x Molex.
o 1 x SATA.
o 1 x Floppy.
o 1 x Aux.
o 1 x 12v P4 connector.
o 24 pin main ATX connector with 4 pin jack for 20 pin boards.
o Dual 80m fan with Speed Control Knob at the back.

My verdict:
Best SMPS in Delhi as far as Value For Money goes. B'coz Kunhar ain't selling here. Even if they were, it is better than their 400 W one and almost as good as their 450 W one coz the 12v rail is independent.

Price:
Rs. 1125 Paid (With bill it was for 1200).

Place of purchase:
Got it from Micron Trading, Nehru Place.

Thats all I have time for right now. Hope it helps someone.

Edit:
Thanks Masky for adding the crucial part! The Ratings and The Main Features! Now only if Undertaker agrees to get his review replaced by a properly formatted version! Of course, all the credit goes to him for laying out the foundation. :hap2:

at that price and looking at the features, its very good indeed, but the point is, how good is it when u do some ocing usig it? u tried anything UT? other than ur gfx card ocing ofcource..

Do all the formatting u want my friends.As I said ,my final exams r next week so can't bother with the details.Good work Headshot,esp. that u saw and added the ratings. :cool2:
Reharding Ocing,on the A7N8X the main rail is the 5v one and it dipped to only 4.94v using dmm,at 1.7v vcore(don't use anything greater coz cpu gets too hot in summer).Asus probe showed it as 4.865v though ,still good.3.3v rail-using asus probe ,minimum it ever went to was 3.27v.
The 12v runs high at about 12.6-12.8v,but then it does so on all A7N8X boards coz the rail is almost completely unutilized.
Bear in mind that I use K7 burn for load tesing and that is quite a bit more taxing than any prime95 test.
O,my god,wasted 10 mins.... :O

undertaker said:
Do all the formatting u want my friends.As I said ,my final exams r next week so can't bother with the details.Good work Headshot,esp. that u saw and added the ratings. :cool2:

Thank Masky for that! He did that work! :hap2:

hey under, i pmed ya, ne ways

please tell me these 2, i have to buy too

1) how much amp in 12v rail
2) phone number of shop plz

and if possible add me on yahoo

now tats some teamwork ;)
good review by undertaker..
nice formatting by headshot/masky..
and this review makes it to the portal. congrats. :)

Update:Got some time to breathe today.So used my dad's old but still excellent Japanese checkman DMM to measure the voltages.K7 burn was used to load as always.
Results(idle/load):
3.3v-3.43/3.42
5v-5.20/5.18
12v-12.85/13.13
All voltages are, and are maintained, at levels higher than required.May be coz this psu is way overpowered for my rig. ;) But with these readings I am sure this will have no problems running a 6800 or perhaps even SLI.
Only concern is higher 12v rail but that is due to me having an a7n8x which doesn't load it.Even Deejay said that AXP systems often reach 13.2v on this rail on asus boards,if I remember correctly.

Back