Comfy place to stay in Pune

kandissa

Disciple
this one goes out to the Pune-ites in TE. can you please suggest a reasonably priced place to stay overnight in your town.

and by the way, how far away is the airport from the town centre? what is the main mode of commuting?

thanks to all those who help.

tht still depends on your budget and your requirements..

As for the airport..its quiet far from the city centre (swargate prolly shud count as the center :p ) the main mode of commuting is bus n tumtums..ricks cud be a bit too costly to ply around the city..:hap5: You need to know where you wanna go and how to get there..or you'll be taken for a ride...:lol:

Pune is an expensive place, mate! It depends on where you stay. Airport is like 45 mins away from the city centre which happens to be the Camp area. The mode of transport you can use are the PMT buses or Rickshaws. :)

Airport is like 50 rupees away from the railway station on auto-rickshaw. And the city centre another 35 rupees away from station. :p

ehh i think he needs to know where 2 stay instead of how far n how much things would cost :p

i guess a budget within which u wanna work things out would be nice for people to give suggestions

SoulFire said:
ehh i think he needs to know where 2 stay instead of how far n how much things would cost :p
The following answers that.

kandissa said:
and by the way, how far away is the airport from the town centre?

As for hotel prices, for a decent place (room with more than proper facilities) in a not so decent locality would cost you at around 700 for 24 hours.

Last time I had to really scout all over the town as most of the places were booked. The autowallah was more than happy to drive from one hotel to another.

There was one very good looking hotel which also provided facility of companionship as told to me by the autodriver :p so we scooted off (the room prices were anyway 2K)

Oh and when you do book a room, always remember to ask for a visiting card and immediately stuff it in your wallet. While returning back I had no idea where I was staying, not even the name of the hotel. Had to search for 2 hours before I could finally find it. Its not easy to find a place when you dont know what its called or where it is. :rofl:

And since you are going there for a day or two, you can travel by auto

Renegade said:
Airport is like 50 rupees away from the railway station on auto-rickshaw. And the city centre another 35 rupees away from station. :p

Make that 100 please. No one will go for less than 100.

Back