OC & Modding Compatible fan for Deepcool AS500

dexterz

Adept
I'm looking to get a second fan for my Deepcool AS500 CPU cooler. The supported fan shape seems to be Octagonal. I couldn't find stocks of Deepcool UF140 and FDB140 fans anywhere.
01_02.png

Can anyone suggest a fan, under 1k preferably, that would be compatible with it? Or would a normal frame 120mm fit?

Any 140mm fan should fit. Does the as500 include clips for second fan? Arctic p14 pwm, noctua 140mm or any pressure optimized fan would work

Any 140mm fan should fit. Does the as500 include clips for second fan? Arctic p14 pwm, noctua 140mm or any pressure optimized fan would work
it does have clips for the second fan but a square frame fan doesn't fit properly because the distance between the holes is longer on square frame. I tried with a corsair 140mm but couldn't seat it properly. might have to look at using solder iron to melt a hole. noctua would fit but its too costly

You can go for the Noctua NF-A15 if you want 140mm in 120mm holes. Alternatively, you can use a normal 120mm fan, which is what I did. Depending on the 120mm fan you use, put some rubber padding for some extra thickness, as the Deepcool clips are for fans slightly thicker than standard 120s. A Phanteks PH-F120MP I had laying around didn't need extra padding, but Arctic, Noctuas and CMs did.

You can go for the Noctua NF-A15 if you want 140mm in 120mm holes. Alternatively, you can use a normal 120mm fan, which is what I did. Depending on the 120mm fan you use, put some rubber padding for some extra thickness, as the Deepcool clips are for fans slightly thicker than standard 120s. A Phanteks PH-F120MP I had laying around didn't need extra padding, but Arctic, Noctuas and CMs did.
I'll measure the stock and corsair fans and also my existing 120mm case fans. see what I can mix and match or make a jugaad for.

Back