Budget 90k+ complete new PC for 3d rendering

3dsmaxed81

Recruit
Hello everyone. my first post here.Please help me build my new PC to be used for 3d rendering work. my requirements are as follows.

Questions

1. What is your budget?
    • 300000/-
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • need to build a complete new PC
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • need to build a complete new PC
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • complete PC + monitor + UPS + keyboard & mouse( not priority and older one can be used),
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • NA
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • CHANDIGARH
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • 3d rendering work. softwares like 3dsmax, corona renderer, vray renderer, adobe photoshop, lumion
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • No games
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. a 32 inch monitor with accurate colors as my job involves working to accurate colors as close as possible
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Maybe but No most of the times. i havent overclocked any of my pcs. but i want to keep an option of that.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • windows 10 64 bit
PS: If you have any suggestions to improve this template then please PM any of the mods or mention in this thread itself. The thread would be cleaned after incorporating the useful suggestions.

For 3D Rendering. Always go with a dual monitor setup. Its a must. Best case scenario is having 2 x 4k monitors. If budget doesn't allow then 1 x 2k and 1 x 4k or 2 x 2K monitors. Dell ultrasharps are the best choice. I think two 4k will come to around 1lacs and two 2k monitors will cost you somewhere between 50-60k.
Here's a list of CPU benchmarks in Vray (which I guess you will be using to render for sure). You can select the one suits your budget and availability. If you go for Threadripper then its going to eat up minimum 1.5lacs of your budget for just the CPU+MOBO. Ryzen 9 will come at 50-80k depending on your choice of CPU+Mobo. For cooling you will need a 280mm/360mm AIO(8k-10k) or if you're going for Air cooling then Noctua NH-D15 or Deepcool Assassin III (8k) . Worst case would be a Noctua NHU-14A for Aircooling.
If you're looking to work on Lumion/Unreal Engine you need a damn good GPU too. I would suggest a minimum RTX 2070 super/3060 Ti (45k). It would be great if you could nab one from the second hand market.
A good E-ATX case = 9-10k
PSU 650/750W = 7-8k
RAM 32GB(64GB recommended) = 14-16k(28-30k)
Nvme SSD 512GB = 7k
2TB HDD = 5k
Case fans = 2k

Last edited:
That's a handsome budget you have.
How much work and game will be there on this system?
If its 100% work I rec go with Quadro

Processor 5950x/5900x
X570
64GB 3600 and above RAM
1TB NVME for OS (4.0 if you want to)
1TB NVME for App Cache (Dedicated)
4 TB + WD Black or better HDD for Storage as needed
PSU - 850 CM or Corsair
Graphic Card if RTX then 3060 / 3070 / 3080

Cooling I personally recommend Arctic 360 Freezer II Rev 3 as I use it for our office rendering machine.
If air cooler NH D15.

That's a handsome budget you have.
How much work and game will be there on this system?
If its 100% work I rec go with Quadro

Processor 5950x/5900x
X570
64GB 3600 and above RAM
1TB NVME for OS (4.0 if you want to)
1TB NVME for App Cache (Dedicated)
4 TB + WD Black or better HDD for Storage as needed
PSU - 850 CM or Corsair
Graphic Card if RTX then 3060 / 3070 / 3080

Cooling I personally recommend Arctic 360 Freezer II Rev 3 as I use it for our office rendering machine.
If air cooler NH D15.
Nvidia Quadro Series (Not recommended for Animation - Learned from a Friend who runs a 3D animation small shop)
Check this - https://www.cgdirector.com/best-computer-for-animation/ and https://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/building-pc-3d-rendering-animation

Nvidia Quadro Series (Not recommended for Animation - Learned from a Friend who runs a 3D animation small shop)
Check this - https://www.cgdirector.com/best-computer-for-animation/ and https://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/building-pc-3d-rendering-animation
I agree. A quadro will be another big dent in the budget. And if he plans to use Lumion, its better to go for a gaming card than a workstation one. I am an Archviz artist too with more than 13yrs exp and I would put most of my money in the CPU and then think about other things. Because in this line of work mostly all of the work is CPU intensive. The more threads the better.

No need to shell out extra on the 5900x or 5950x when the gains are miniscule. Get the professional series monitor from either Dell/BenQ/LG/Asus etc. are you need Color accuracy, higher color gamut. Single Ultrawide with an aspect ratio 21:9 will do too or you can go for two 1440p or 2160p/4K.
CPU I'll suggest is either 3900x or 3950x but does it makes sense to spend 20k for just 4 more cores is something that I cannot agree to, I would rather spend the extra cash on a Faster storage like the newer ones from Samsung/WD/Corsair etc. with Faster Read and Write speeds. Go for Nvidia RTX 3080, if you can find a Founder Edition, you are going to save a lot of money on it. Spending 1.3 to 1.5L on a GPU is also what I'll not recommend, until and unless the ROI will be faster for you.

Btw Intel 10980XE/9980XE are also good processors for rendering. I would suggest checking them out too before jumping to Ryzen.
No need to shell out extra on the 5900x or 5950x when the gains are miniscule. Get the professional series monitor from either Dell/BenQ/LG/Asus etc. are you need Color accuracy, higher color gamut. Single Ultrawide with an aspect ratio 21:9 will do too or you can go for two 1440p or 2160p/4K.
CPU I'll suggest is either 3900x or 3950x but does it makes sense to spend 20k for just 4 more cores is something that I cannot agree to, I would rather spend the extra cash on a Faster storage like the newer ones from Samsung/WD/Corsair etc. with Faster Read and Write speeds. Go for Nvidia RTX 3080, if you can find a Founder Edition, you are going to save a lot of money on it. Spending 1.3 to 1.5L on a GPU is also what I'll not recommend, until and unless the ROI will be faster for you.
A faster storage he can upgrade down the line but the CPU is going to stay with him for a while and when there's a tight dealine and he'll be watching the renders go at that time he will pray for more & more cores. I have been in this situation.
Also, I had a dual monitor setup and then I upgraded to an ultrawide. But the work a dual montior setup gets done is nothing compared to an ultrawide. Ultrawides are good for gaming and video editing, for 3d work he'll need a dual monitor setup.(Or the sweet spot 'DUAL ULTRAWIDES!!' )

Last edited:
Not sure what meant by animation!! Animating model or viewing animation in the viewport or rendering those animations mentioned not good with Quadro... ???
I Will only rec it if its 100% work (also not lower end Quadro but the top of the line, because low-end ones, GeForce will easily outperform any day) Otherwise as mentioned RTX anyday.

Base:

3900x
ASROCK B550 PHANTOM GAMING4
2x 3070 or 1 x 3080 or 3090 really a bad time to buy gpu though. Quadro not recommended unless the company is paying for it.

Motherboard -Asus Pro WS X570-ACE --------------------------------------------------------------------24800
CPU-Ryzen 3900 (more cores) --------------------------------------------------------------------------40000
CPu Cooler -Noctua D15 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------08500
RAMS- CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB or Crucial Ballistix 64gb kit (2x32Gb)----------------------------- 22000
Monitor - Dell Ultrasharp UP2720Q premier color(pricing might highly vary i assume it should be much less)118000
PSU -Corsair HX850 (14~15) or Asus rog 850 is being sold by prodipta at around -----------------------12000
Case-CM 694 (the case that people should buy) --------------------------------------------------------10000
SSD - Corsair p600 ---------------------------------------------------------(best price onprimeabgb) 16250
GPU- Used 2080/2080ti they will still have warranty good chance of getting 2080 int around 50k ,new new 3070

to adjust in a ups within your budget you could make tradeoff on PC case ,ssd and ram

PS :there should be equivalent dell monitor in 32`` version and pricing mentioned above is bit dicey since Asus ProArt 27 incher is in the range of 65-70 and 32 inch is in 1 lakh range so dell ultrasharp should be in the same price bracket

Last edited:
sorry for replying late. had been crazy at work.
thank you all the helpful and awesome people here.
i will update you as soon as i finalise the configuration now.
gpu prices are killing me right now

Back