CPU/Mobo Comps for graphics

kidrock

Disciple
Hi,

Need suggestions on config for my new office pc

I am just looking for a good mobo cpu combo + 1 gb ram

I think amd will be a cheaper and a good option.

What do you guys think?

AM2 3600????????????

Go for this Config:
AMD X2 4200+ [Socket AM2]
MSI K9NGM2-FID [NVidia's GeForce 6150 based Graphics Integrated]
Corsair Value select 1GB DDR2 RAM 667 MHz

ASUS A8N-E is based on older Socket 939 so stay away from it. Also it has FAN instead of Heatsink fitted over the board so expect Noise in Future. Also For this board you will have to purchase a separate Graphics Card.

I would highly recommend 2GB memory for 3D/graphics work... 1GB is nothing. He's better off with an X2 3600/3800 or that Opteron 165 with 2GB memory.

Just add 1.5k for a basic video card like the Geforce 6200TC, which you can find in the market as well.

Well thanks guys how is the Opteron 165 in comparision with X2 3600/3800. Also what mobo do you suggest for the X2.

Wont be using this for 3d. Just photoshop, flash, dreamweaver and illustrator. So a decent processor and 1gb+ ram is good for the next 2 years. Moreover its for my office where i will be joining(I dont own it) So gotta be reasonable on the budget.

For home I got a C2D E6300 the very week it was available at lamington.

I guess RAM can be always added later on. Multitasking is also an Important Feature in which the AMD Single Cores stand nowhere near AMD X2 Processors. Imagine you are running Anti Virus and you cannot run Photoshop etc. comfortably. This is where your Dual Core Processors comes into effect. Agreed that Opteron may give slightly better performance but you can't ignore Multitasking Factor.

IMO u should go in for AM2 3800+ and Asus M2NE+ and 1gb Transcend DDR II 533mhz couples witha low end card like 7100GS types and the comp is ready for what you need

kidrock, I reiterate that you're better off with an X2 3600+ and 2GB memory than X2 4200+ and 1GB memory... throw in a cheap PCIe graphics card and you'd have a pretty powerful machine for your graphics-related work.

Boy as designers we all know that :). But how do you tell the accounts. They only know budget. I cant create a big bill just when I join. Ram can wait for some time. Right now 1 gb in enough. The priority is the proccy and mobo.

Dude, what we're recommending isn't going to blow your 16k budget - but looks like you've got your mind made up, so all the best :)

Well 16 k for the 3 components(proccy, mobo & ram) is good enough I believe.

I guess I'll go with the 3600/3800 AM2 + 1 gb DDR2 ram

Just need help with the mobo.

Back