Security Software Computer becomes slow on connecting to internet

riturajnitk

Disciple
Dear all,
I am using a desktop with configuration P4+256 RAM+ 40GB HDD
and installed Avast antivirus+ comodo firewall.

the speed of desktop computer is fine but as soon i connects it to internet it becomes so slow and almost takes 5 mins to respond to anything.

can u please provide me your comment on this issue, if you have any suggestion for lighter version of antivirus.

thanks

Hi,

It seems that your computer has been infected with some worm or virus. I would reccon that you run a scan of your pc. You said you have avast, run a system scan, see what it finds. If it is unable to detect anything, i want you to download malwarebytes anti-malware from the below mentioned link:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.0.1800 - TechSpot Downloads

I would also like you to download MSE (Microsoft Security Essential) which is also free and one of the top solutions, to download follow this link:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

P.S. MSE only runs on windows 7, however, you have not mentioned your o/s which makes it difficult to help. Please try the following and come back to me.

One more thing, you said you got comodo? please look into the firewall logs, see what is using your resources, it could help.

Firstly, MSE is free for XP, Vista and Windows 7. However, albeit only for genuine customers. It checks your system before installing for genuine Windows.

However, running MSE is not an option with your limited 256MB RAM, your machine will be slow.

IMO, get a copy of kaspersky Rescue CD and boot from it. Let it clean your system.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10

Back