computer hanging

I don't think anyone would be able to help you with the amount of information you have given. Please let us know:

1. WHich OS?

2. What hardware?

3. Any recent hardware/software changes?

4. Any other relevant info.

what is that you have done when your computer worked fine finally. I mean have you installed any drivers, changed / added any hardware ?. Do you have antivirus installed. Try system restore to restore your system to a previous state and report back...

But be careful system restore reverts your system to the old state . So backup your files to a USB drive before doing this...

bitspilani said:
winxp

amd athlon 3000+

With all do respect, but how hard can it be to understand and write in the format given above in a proper detail:

hp-india said:
I don't think anyone would be able to help you with the amount of information you have given. Please let us know:

1. WHich OS?

2. What hardware?

3. Any recent hardware/software changes?

4. Any other relevant info.

Edit your comments above and add the details. If you don't know what you're using on your system, google and download cpu-z, click on validation, put your email address and proceed, then copy the link where it shows your pc specifications and post it here, and I am sure one can be competent to say whether they have made any software OR hardware changes, alongwith any other relevant info.

If you can't, its pretty obvious you just want to pump up your posts.

bitspilani said:
Hey
dunno my pc is hanging after booting .
what to do its so phrustrating :mad:

can you specify exactly when its hanging or whether it is random..does it hang while windows is loading (the screen where its written windows xp with black backgorund)? or are you able to login ? does the pc shut down / restart by itself?

its hanging after evrything is loaded properly i mean start screen and all.
exacly after 30 sec approx of booting it hangs ( when i try to run a application)

No problem, easily solved.

1. Change your memory (not the one in your head, the one in your computer)

2. Change the motherboard.

3. Change the CPU.

4. Change the power supply.

5. Reinstall the operating system.

For a more accurate diagnosis, we need more info. How old is the system? Is it booting in safe mode? Can you run a repair from the install disc? What is the motherboard make and model? How much RAM, which PSU, what is connected to the system...

chalo yaar i am newbie in computers dont know much about all this .

koi nahi i have bought new system will assemble it and sell this old system

thanks for ur help

ps: mods close tis thread

Back