PC Peripherals Computer shuts down during power cut even with SINE WAVE INVERTER

Hellow guys
I have a sine wave inverter [ liveguard 1100 lgs ] - and its battery is of same company lifeguard [ 150ah ]

I installed it for my computer but whenever light goes my computer shutdown and re starts i don't know why it is happening but when it restart it work fine and when light comes it restart again
My inverter has a function for computer but on that mode the problem is same

PC specs
I5 9400f
1650 super
8 gb ram
500 wt psu
1tb hdd
240gb sdd

I have ups of 600 VA
PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE KNOWS WHY ITS HAPPENING
Same here i have the same problem same inverter and battrey of 240ah my pc also gets restarted on power failure i have said that the inverter capacity that is va, 1100 va is not sufficient you should go for 1400va

I am also having a problem a few weeks ago. It seems like my PC shuts down only while playing games (Sometimes it did not) while my other PC (server) never turned off while my main PC is turned off.

For me, it happened after I updated my Motherboard Bios, maybe coincidence but I'll test it with my new rig.

I am also having a problem a few weeks ago. It seems like my PC shuts down only while playing games (Sometimes it did not) while my other PC (server) never turned off while my main PC is turned off.

For me, it happened after I updated my Motherboard Bios, maybe coincidence but I'll test it with my new rig.
Here's the problem and solution:

Additionally going for higher capacity inverter may or may not solve the issue because the capacity is not the only reason here, it's the switching time as well. The inverter's switching time must be less than the PSU's hold-up time.

Here's the problem and solution:
The solution is in which page?

Like I said for me, two PC's are connected to the Inverter (Microtek SEBz900) main PC used to shut down but the other PC is never shut down.

Edit : When I unplug the inverter line from the mains, the PC never shut down and works as intended. The shut down occurs only in a particular way of power outage from the Govt.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks.
But for me, its working for 3+ years and recently have some problems just a few weeks back.
Working on full PC load when power cuts? If that's the case then maybe battery life is degraded.
Use a surge protector for an added layer of protection. I have these all over the place: https://www.amazon.in/GM-Modular-3012-Travel-Universal/dp/B008LQOZ2E/

They're found in most large supermarkets if you need one immediately.
I wanted to ask about these. I think it's dangerous to place these as they use MOVs (costs less than Rs 5 per piece). Not sure if you know how a MOV works.
So when the voltage is around 320V AC the MOV gets short and burns thus stopping current supply to the device connected BUT the critical thing that these sockets do not include is a fuse.
A fuse is must to prevent short of phase and neutral for the whole house.

1696491484826.png

As you can see above if the fuse is removed and varistor gets short and burnt due to high voltage the connected device will be protected but the circuit behind will get short and can cause fire.
I've seen some reviews of these on amazon where fire was caused due to this.
Now ideally there is an MCB circuit breaker in every house but not sure how reliable they can be since incidents have happened.

Proper surge protectors like from belkin include fuse along with the MOV.

Working on full PC load when power cuts? If that's the case then maybe battery life is degraded.
I don't think my Microtek SEBZ900 is fully loaded.
Here is what I connected:
  • Jio Fiber Modem
  • i5-9400F - 2070 Super - 700W PSU Bronze+
  • Two monitors ‎30W and 27W
  • 1 LED light
  • i5 7th Gen with 3HDDs (Rarley powered on)
So, when a power cut occurs (Power Cut by Govt), Only i5-9400F is turned off, all others are not disturbed. After reading the comments from the previous thread you mentioned, the culprit I can think of now are:
  • Battery degradation
  • Motherboard Bios update (Maybe it messes with a surge protector or something, but settings are not available in BIOS)
  • Certain types of power cut by the Govt is not received well by the inverter (Manually taking the plug of the inverter off the mains does not showdown my systems EVER)
I've been using my Inverter Microtek SEBZ900 and SF Sonic 80AH batter for 3 years with no problem. The problem happened only a few months back so I'm not sure what is the problem since some people are also complaining.
I also just asked a friend who bought Vanguard Inverter and he told me he is also recently facing the same problem.

Also, Manually taking the Inverter's plug OFF from the mains does not power off the systems.

Last edited:
Also, Manually taking the Inverter's plug OFF from the mains does not power off the systems.
Same happens with me as well if you read my thread carefully.
It's the PSU's holdup time which is less than the switching time of inverter. It could be your PSU's capacitors have been degraded as well and it's not able to holdup for few milliseconds if power cut happens.
It could be that your inverter's switching time is high.

I bought a UPS and its switching time is 10ms (approx) and my PSU's holdup time is 16ms so now it works since the switch happens earlier.
Before my inverter's switching time was 20ms and since it took longer to switch than my PSU could stay online without power the PC restarts.

PS: on low load situations the PSU's holdup time is more and hence PC doesn't restart even if inverter takes 20ms.

PSU's holdup
By this did you mean my PSU, Gigabyte B700H 80+ Bronze?

Microtek SEBZ900 website said <=15ms

Also buying an UPS like this is not an option for me since they tend to get damaged after every 8 months. I have had bad experience with every brand for the past 15 years.

EDIT: My old PSU Corsair VS450 has a holdup time of 19.6ms and maybe the Gigabyte B700H 80+ Bronze is far less...

Last edited:
@mantheman High end PSU's holdup time is generally 16ms or a couple ms higher. The inverter needs to switch to battery within this time frame or else PSU will power off.
It's as simple as that.

Overtime that holdup time can decrease due to degrading caps especially when those caps are Chinese.

Back