PC Peripherals Computer Trouble

thelord

Disciple
Hey guys.

Am facing a strange problem with my new system.

Switched on my system this evening. Apart from the CPU and cabinet fan, nothing else was powering up. Not even the mouse / keyboard.

Thought it might be because of the UPS, plugged the system to direct power. No change. Just the fans working.

Then changed the Power Supply back to my tried and tested Antec TP 480W. Damn! Still no sign of life on other peripherals.

Finally unplugged all the peripherals, just the mouse and keyboard connected.

Still nothing! Is the motherboard at fault here? The only things showing any sign of life are the case fans and the CPU fan.

Please help! :(

Are there any sort of beeps from the onboard motherboard speaker guessing you have one on the motherboard...

Also is the system in your sig is one you are talking abt...

try swapping the RAM sticks if you have spares or try botting with one RAM stick at a time if you have two... Also sometimes USB devices(mouse) power on after the mobo has booted...

Sorry. yea... the system is the one in my sig. Motherboard IP35-E.

I have disconnected the speaker pin as of now.

Lemme check and post back.

BTW, the LED on the mobo is working. But no other device picking up power.

Tried the RAM sticks... If not try that... And lastly try booting without RAM sticks to see if there is a beep...

Also i hope you have connected the 8 pin power socket near the CPU...

I had the same problem tried everything but couldnt get it 2 work so finally gave 2 the service center... Asus P5N-MX....

Yep. Tried with and without the RAM sticks.

8 pin power connected. Tried with two power supplies.

Nothing but the CPU and keyboard attached. Still nothing!

Comes out it was the motherboard only.

Guys, am done with IP35-E. Issues like dual boot, O/C reset make matters worse.

Any suggestions which mobo should I go as an alternative?

Back