Budget 41-50k Computers for a Cyber Cafe

Hi all,

I know its not at all a great business model in today's times. But my brother-in-law needs to keep himself busy and he thinks this is what he wants to do as of now.

I am looking for advice to buy computers for the following use cases:
1. Basic Surfing - 3 to 4 PCs
2. For graphic designing/editing - One PC (Photoshop, Coral draw, Video editing)
3. Photocopy Machine

Looking for cost effective solutions please.
Location is New Delhi - Since I am from Mumbai, any recommendations of vendors will also be very appreciated.

Hi,
Regarding the requirement for basic surfing pc
1. Get a refurbished/second hand thin clients(i3/Celeron + 4/8gb ram) and hook them up to a central/main pc and run Unix based OS.
1.1 This way you can keep the security tight and can prevent spread of virus.
2. Get a simple 24" 1080p monitor along with basic keyboard and mouse(logitech combo comes to mind)

Regarding photocopy machine,
1. If budget allows get a networked one, if not get a normal one and hook it up with the central/main pc and have CUPS(Printer server software) running to share the printer with all those thin clients.
2.1 For regular black and white printing get a laser toner based
2.2 For colour printing, if you are not going to print photos then get a inkjet printer with ink tank support

I don't have any experience with photoshop/coral draw so I cant comment on them.

Said all these, It is my observation that school/college students are visiting cyber cafe to play competitive/co-operative games, if you want to carter to this audience then the basic surfing pc model that I suggested above will not be useful. So I would suggest you to have a chat with your brother-in-law first to identify the targeted audience and then proceed with the hardware purchase.

Hope this helps :)

Hi all,

I know its not at all a great business model in today's times. But my brother-in-law needs to keep himself busy and he thinks this is what he wants to do as of now.

I am looking for advice to buy computers for the following use cases:
1. Basic Surfing - 3 to 4 PCs
2. For graphic designing/editing - One PC (Photoshop, Coral draw, Video editing)
3. Photocopy Machine

Looking for cost effective solutions please.
Location is New Delhi - Since I am from Mumbai, any recommendations of vendors will also be very appreciated.
Also depends whats his overall investment budget for this biz.
Its a major deciding factor before you take a plunge..

Being a previous Cyber cafe owner here are my few cents:

Now a days no one goes to cafe for browsing , primarily people visit for Color Printout's / uploading Resume etc
Your target audience is gamers, kids, school/collage students who want to play games like CS:GO / Valorent etc
Your business will flourish around school/collages
its a 1 time investment but get a good multi functional device (Print/scan/Xerox)

its a really bad idea in current days, have seen almost every cafe in my city closing down due to everyone having jio internet in their pocket now. Apart from that the cost of running the place with multiple PCs is just way too high.
Unless you live in a high traffic area, like people coming in flock to fill competitive exam forms or some college/school kids playing csgo fortnite, you wont be able to get the required traction at all .
please make sure that he have considered all these points before taking the plunge, its a huge capital nonetheless

Back