PC Peripherals Config for a home PC

nitrous

Disciple
Guys,

Please suggest a good configuration for a PC.
Requirements:
1. Reliable performance
2. Build quality

Something that works like a Toyota! :)

Works like a Toyota?

P-III, 256MB RAM, 40GB HDD, Intel 810 mobo

Runs like a Ferrari:

Core i7, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, x58 mobo

Mid-range grunt like a Bimmer:

Phenom2, 2/4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AM2+/AM3 mobo

nitrous said:
Budget is around 10k. ie. for mobo, processor, Ram and cabinet.

Is that ok?

Thanks in advance, fellas.

G31 S2L - 2.2k

E5200 - 3.5k

Corsair 2 x 2 - 2.6k (Can go for transcend as well)

CM elite - 2k (Doesn't come with PSU , get Bijli instead if psu needed )

You can get 2 gig ram .. for a general purpose machine and add cheap GFX if needed for casual gaming / HD content etc .

EDIT - Sidhu already suggested same :rofl: [Ditto post :O]

Yo Nitrous :p Give me a call on saturday if you want more help.

Plus the above mentioned config try to get a better smps like Corsair CX400 minimum.

Saiyan said:
Yo Nitrous :p Give me a call on saturday if you want more help.

Plus the above mentioned config try to get a better smps like Corsair CX400 minimum.
Thanks,man.
I was just wondering what smps to use.
Will call you!

PS: You can go for a Sempron LE based build if you're requirements are a bit lower and the above suggestions are overshooting budget.

^Stop cribbing if the OT posts are cleaned up. I edited the OP's posts too. And i don't need to be a friend to do any of these things.

Saiyan said:
^Stop cribbing if the OT posts are cleaned up. I edited the OP's posts too. And i don't need to be a friend to do any of these things.

Not cribbing because the post got edited, that's perfectly fine. Its just that it got edited w/o notification. However, i do not want to argue on how things get done here, hence have edited the previous post, and you may delete this one upon reading it as well.

udayrulz said:
G31 S2L - 2.2k
E5200 - 3.5k
Corsair 2 x 2 - 2.6k (Can go for transcend as well)
CM elite - 2k (Doesn't come with PSU , get Bijli instead if psu needed )
You can get 2 gig ram .. for a general purpose machine and add cheap GFX if needed for casual gaming / HD content etc .
EDIT - Sidhu already suggested same :rofl: [Ditto post :O]

nitrous said:
Guys, I will need a TV out from the PC.
What are my options?
:cool2: 10 chars

Most motherboards with onboard graphics have a VGA or DVI port at most, with the *rare* case of a HDMI port. If your TV accepts either of these inputs, you're good to go.

Edit: The G31M-S2L has only a VGA port.

Else you would need a dedicated graphics card that has S-video/composite/component outputs. Don't worry, even dirt-cheap graphics cards like the 7300GS/8400GS come equipped with S-video/composite ports.

Back