Config for a Music only HTPC

^^He's already bought it, maybe you need to read the entire thread before posting?

@TS: Can you post the minidump file? It could be the soundcard drivers, or memory issues.

I do know you can throttle the optical drive speed with a few utilities, Nero DriveSpeed being one that comes to mind immediately. There will be many others.

All the five minidumps in the attached .7z file (changed extension to .zip in order to upload)

Attachments

• HTPC_Minidump.zip
    51.1 KB · Views: 109
cranky said:
^^He's already bought it, maybe you need to read the entire thread before posting?

@TS: Can you post the minidump file? It could be the soundcard drivers, or memory issues.

I do know you can throttle the optical drive speed with a few utilities, Nero DriveSpeed being one that comes to mind immediately. There will be many others.

i am really sorry !

well congrats for your new pc buddy :)

Do you have a stick of generic RAM you can try out?

You can try uninstalling ZA, it seems to be a problematic software and causes this error, as you would already have figured from a Google search. Why would you need a firewall on a light XP install meant for audio use? Just curious. My audio PC is not even connected to the 'net, I shut off access and only keep it connected to the router so it can sync files with my main PC.

^ I do not have any other PC with DDR3 RAM.

I have uninstalled ZA and am trying Comodo.

I connect this HTPC to the net only while ripping (EAC for AccurateRip DB access) and tagging (Album art). I also download specific programs I need. My original intention was to keep this HTPC without net access like you do, but I find it more convenient this way. Of course, the price to pay for this "convenience" is to keep all those security programs installed, updated and running :)

Back