Config help

v.Na5h

Skilled
Forget about my siggy that was just my dream pc

i cant believe finally after such a long time my dad has agreed to get a new pc tomorrow

this is what i have considered--

(This config is FINAL no further suggestion)

Core i3

Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H

G. Skill F3-10600CL9S-2GBNT 2GB 1333MHz DDRIII

1 TB Seagate 7200.12

CM Elite 310

FSP SAGAII 350w

Sony Optiarc AD-7260S / Samsung 24x SH-S243D(if available)

KB/Mouse combo - help me decide (combo strictly under 1k as low as possible)

No monitor and gfx card for now

guys i dont want to waste time asking for quotes

iam planning to get every thing from one shop

i need suggestions for shop which offers discounts on full pc purchase

pl guys also inform me about things i should look for(i mean batch codes, mb revision, oem etc etc and other intricacies involved ) before purchasing

FFS, please do not put up such lame titles to attract attention! Your title sounds as if you were looted by some dealer. :\

As for the shops, check out Prime ABGB, Mccann Infosys and E-Lounge. Avoid Cassette World.

Fist confirm rates here on TE from other members & than only visit Lemington Road, other wise you end with high cost system (if they find you noob)

^^ sorry dude ...lol... looted (that would be the case if u guys dont help until tomorrow )

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i already confirmed the rates

total comes to about 23k-24.2k

techno_guy said:
go for microsoft mouse+kb combo 600 priced around 750

suggests the ones at least with some mm and internet keys like play/pause..back/refresh etc

one more query --

Does Logitech Internet Pro Combo's mouse have USB or PS/2 ?

techno_guy said:
from where did you get the quotatition
TE - july 2010 buying guide

DarkAngel said:
Check TheITWares -TheITwares Ecommerce (E-Lounge is the name of shop and theitwares is a registered dealer in TE) for quotes. They have the latest prices put up.

PrimeABGB also got +ve feedback in the forum.
yup..already done that

any more things i should know of other than price..i mean the ones i mentioned in bold my 1st post

I dont want to waste any time as my college reopens next week

so i need to assemble and get things right (i mean OS installations, hdd partitions and all) before this sunday

im planning to get everything tomorrow itself

from either

Prime ABGB, Mccann Infosys and E-Lounge, mahavir

(coz i dont want reasons like ye stock mein nahi hai,pl wait for for an hour and stuffs)

im worried how would i carry the cabinet (btw a live in kalyan- almost 50km from lamington)

rest things would be taken care of, some in my bag and some in my dads

should i ask for shipping ..i think it would cost some 600 bucks as mentioned in theitwares site

v.Na5h said:
yup..already done that

any more things i should know of other than price..i mean the ones i mentioned in bold my 1st post

I dont want to waste any time as my college reopens next week
so i need to assemble and get things right (i mean OS installations, hdd partitions and all) before this sunday

im planning to get everything tomorrow itself

from either
Prime ABGB, Mccann Infosys and E-Lounge, mahavir
(coz i dont want reasons like ye stock mein nahi hai,pl wait for for an hour and stuffs)

im worried how would i carry the cabinet (btw a live in kalyan- almost 50km from lamington)
rest things would be taken care of, some in my bag and some in my dads

should i ask for shipping ..i think it would cost some 600 bucks as mentioned in theitwares site
Short distance shiiping may cost lesser. You might very well PM for this rather than posting here as he would give u a better idea.
BTW dont wanna confuse u now. But why not the AthlonII X4 635/ Phenom II 555BE(possible dormant cores and core unlocked to PhenomII X4 955BE) ~ 5k and the MSI 880GMA-E45 ~ 5.7k (Throws in USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps as extras. HD4250 is also a very good IGP)

DarkAngel said:
why not the AthlonII X4 635

mostly afaik i think i will not need four cores as i mostly use pc for watching movies and downloading stuffs and will play some games rarely(older ones like nfs carbon, call of duty 4,mw etc etc i mean the games released from 2006-2009) on a 17 crt for time being till i get a 22" in diwali and a gfx card low end like 5670 i will come to that later...see below

DarkAngel said:
Phenom II 555BE(possible dormant cores and core unlocked to PhenomII X4 955BE) ~ 5k and the MSI 880GMA-E45 ~ 5.7k (Throws in USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps as extras. HD4250 is also a very good IGP)
i saw a article at bitlabs that even 785g is somewhat better compared to 880g(of course availability issues too)

and most of the times i3 + igp beats 880g and beats hands down in 1080 HD video playback)

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2010/05/24/amd-880g-graphics-performance-review/7

yeah i would miss sata 3 but i think the chances of getting another hard drive is meagre

as even persuading my dad to get this pc after 6 long years was a tough time for me

i will not upgrade the pc for at least six years...yes u heard it right(coz till now i had a p4 6yrs completed sucessfully :eek:hyeah:)

so i dont want stability issues

i mean unlocking cores may not be stable (thats my opinion coz if it would have been stable amd would not have locked the core in first place :bleh: and would ahev marketed it as phenom X4 9xx series almost double the rate)

anyways i think i wont need 4 cores

and of couse i forgot that i3 has the lowest power consumption

no offense here pl guys this is just my assumption

i think most of the TE members are slightly biased towards amd phenom 555 esp because the 'core' feature

v.Na5h said:
mostly afaik i think i will not need four cores as i mostly use pc for watching movies and downloading stuffs and will play some games rarely(older ones like nfs carbon, call of duty 4,mw etc etc i mean the games released from 2006-2009) on a 17 crt for time being till i get a 22" in diwali and a gfx card low end like 5670 i will come to that later...see below
i saw a article at bitlabs that even 785g is somewhat better compared to 880g(of course availability issues too)
and most of the times i3 + igp beats 880g and beats hands down in 1080 HD video playback)
AMD 880G H.264 Playback Performance and DXVA setup | bit-tech.net

yeah i would miss sata 3 but i think the chances of getting another hard drive is meagre
as even persuading my dad to get this pc after 6 long years was a tough time for me

i will not upgrade the pc for at least six years...yes u heard it right(coz till now i had a p4 6yrs completed sucessfully :eek:hyeah:)

so i dont want stability issues
i mean unlocking cores may not be stable (thats my opinion coz if it would have been stable amd would not have locked the core in first place :bleh: and would ahev marketed it as phenom X4 9xx series almost double the rate)

anyways i think i wont need 4 cores
and of couse i forgot that i3 has the lowest power consumption

no offense here pl guys this is just my assumption
i think most of the TE members are slightly biased towards amd phenom 555 esp because the 'core' feature
Have read that article earlier. 880G is on par and slightly better than the 785G in games. The benchmark abberation may be due to different manufacturers etc...

If u are not gonna upgrade for many years then i would say go for USB 3.0. Will come in handy in the future(2-3 yrs down the line). As u gonna buy GPU in 3 months i dont think the IGP matters that much then. If u do not want u can go for 550BE ~ 4.4k or X3 435 ~ 3.5k and save the rest for the GPU upgrade :) Hopefully there are price cuts for the low-mid range by the time of Diwali as NVIDIA will have their DX11 midrange cards in the market by then.

Yup. Most of us are recommending the 555BE over i-3 530 for the core unlocking ability. Thats not a bias but because unlocked 555BE is excellent VFM. When the probability of unlocking dormant cores is as high as 80%+. (At least till now most of the members in TE who got 555BE unlocked it to a quad). This has got even better with 880G based mobos as u can run a tri core if one locked core is damaged and one is working fine :) Well most ppl here have tested and stressed the unlocked cores with Prime etc.. and more often than not the unlocked cores are stable.

BTW Guys

Check this link out

FSP >> PC Power Supply >> ATX 12V ver.2.3 >> APN,(85)

the 350w version has a dual rail 12v of 16a

and the 400w version has a dual rail 12v of 17a

so can i add a 5770 on this psu

i calculated using the outervision calc that without gfx card

my wattage(at 100% load and 40% ageing) comes out to be

Minimum PSU Wattage: 181 W(which is the actual load)

Recommended 231 -this is 50+ of 181

add tdp 108 to 181 =290w (way below 350 even considering +50w and very high cap ageing that too at peak load)

the guy at guru3d says the it requires 40a amerage on 12v rail

and now 500w ones gives 18+18 =36a (dual rail)

in that case even a 500w saga II will not suffice

source:

http://guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5770-review-test/11

NOTE: 1. firstly getting a gfx card is a rarity coz if my dad sees me playing games he would kick my ass leave alone asking money for gfx card

2. secondly even if i get one ...considering 5770 as mostly i would buy gfx card below it i mean 5750,5670 or gt 430/ 440

v.Na5h said:
BTW Guys

Check this link out

FSP >> PC Power Supply >> ATX 12V ver.2.3 >> APN,(85)

the 350w version has a dual rail 12v of 16a

and the 400w version has a dual rail 12v of 17a

so can i add a 5770 on this psu

i calculated using the outervision calc that without gfx card

my wattage(at 100% load and 40% ageing) comes out to be

Minimum PSU Wattage: 181 W(which is the actual load)

Recommended 231 -this is 50+ of 181

add tdp 108 to 181 =290w (way below 350 even considering +50w and very high cap ageing that too at peak load)

the guy at guru3d says the it requires 40a amerage on 12v rail

and now 500w ones gives 18+18 =36a (dual rail)

in that case even a 500w saga II will not suffice

source:

Radeon HD 5770 review

NOTE: 1. firstly getting a gfx card is a rarity coz if my dad sees me playing games he would kick my ass leave alone asking money for gfx card

2. secondly even if i get one ...considering 5770 as mostly i would buy gfx card below it i mean 5750,5670 or gt 430/ 440
Bullshit then how is my Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460 W running my 5770 and how has my friend managed his HD 5850 on a Cooler Master eXtreme

600W, and you seriously need to consider the AMD 555 B E not because we are biased but coz the entire Forum thinks that the Core i 3 is not such a big leap over the Core 2 Duo and in performance over the AMD Phenom II and Athlon II systems in todays world

[/COLOR]hey guys shed some light here please only 18hrs left to get my pc..:eek:hyeah:
v.Na5h said:
pl guys also inform me about things i should look for(i mean batch codes, mb revision, oem pack box pack etc etc and other intricacies involved ) before purchasing

PRIME abgb is the best shop at Lamington, give them a call now and tell them (Swapnil/Meenal) to get the stocks of all the items you want. Things might be 50-100 bucks costlier from other shops but believe me there after sales support is really good.

You are making a big mistake buying a Intel Core i3 now, its supposed to get a big price drop, I'm highly recommending you to go for a AMD configuration or you might just make a really big mistake. Both DarkAngel and ALPHA17 have tried to convince you. BTW guru3D, tomshardware, xbitxlabss, hardware secrets etc.. will give you an idea of how it performs in US/Europe. We read all those reviews regularly and take India's environmental conditions+service center reports+customer service feedback etc... into consideration too, after that only we're recommending you the stuff.

You need a really good PSU,

Don't go for anything lower than CORSAIR CX400 = Rs.2700.

Logitech® Internet Pro Desktop = Rs.650.

RAM CORSAIR 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model VS2GB1333D3 G X2 Rs.2550 X 2 = Rs.5100.

Samsung/LG SATA DvDRW Rs.950

1 TB Seagate 7200.12 Rs.3300

MSI 880GMA-E45 Rs.5700

AMD Phenom II X2 555BE(3.2Ghz, 2 cores, 6MB L3 Cache) Rs.4900

CM Elite 310 + extra 120mm intake fan Rs.1800

Total = Rs.21800

aman.pitbull said:
You are making a big mistake buying a Intel Core i3 now, its supposed to get a big price drop,

OMG

Source please

...btw i too read somewhere that there is a price drop in i-3 540

aman.pitbull said:
You need a really good PSU,

now heres something i found out that too from the official sites

Gigabyte superb 460

FSP SAGA

Corsair 400

omg corsair has 6 sata :O ,6 peripheral cables :O and even 2 floppy cables that too sleeved

now i wonder why the price is so high :eek:hyeah:

why pay for features that ur not gonna use

as far are the specs(i mean the 3.3 ,5 and 12v ratings) are concerned fsp saga is better among the 3

is think theres something fishy about fsp saga its cheaper too than others

is the fsp saga II 350w same as the link a provided

i mean is FSP350-50APN same as fsp saga II 350w

i know there are other factors involved like efficiency,capacitors quality(ageing etc) sleeved wires etc etc

but i dont need a high end pc

i just need a run-of-the-mill pc

just for browsing, watching movies, downloading and rarely playing olden games(2006-10)

aman.pitbull said:
Logitech® Internet Pro Desktop = Rs.650.

Does its mouse have USB or PS/12 connector

and guys also inform me about things i should look for(i mean batch codes, mb revision, oem pack box pack etc etc and other intricacies involved ) before purchasing

v.Na5h said:
OMG

Source please

...btw i too read somewhere that there is a price drop in i-3 540

now heres something i found out that too from the official sites

intel-cpu-price-cut-july-2010,3-G-255436-13.jpg

intelpricecut.jpg

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/processor-price-cut-drop-reduction,10902.html

Got the Image from one of the previous threads...

Btw let me know if I can post anandtech forum links here ..found a page there too

^^^ oct end.. is a long time

i cant wait anymore..

btw is the diff in 530 540 550 only related to clock speeds or there are some other differences

anyways i can oc it, right?

u guys are hell bent on suggesting me amd rather than helping about these stuffs

im repeatedly posting same thing again and again still no on replies about them

1. guys also inform me about things i should look for(i mean batch codes, mb revision, oem pack box pack etc etc and other intricacies involved ) before purchasing

2. Logitech® Internet Pro Desktop = Rs.650.

Does its mouse have USB or PS/12 connector

i dont need the adapter thingy

3. fsp saga --fishy see previous post

Back