Configure Remote Machine using scripts

el33t

Adept
I was in a situation where i wanted to add a user in administrative group,enable remote desktop and map a network drive on my gals machine which is connected to my machine and she stays in the next building and me believes in
"A lazy administrator is the best administrator who doesn't moves from his master machine and controls all from one location" :eek:hyeah:

She being a tech dumb only uses Pc for chatting with me and songs blah blah all girly stuff i cudn't explain her on chat how to do all those required configuration :S so i got an idea of writing simple batch scripts and sending over the chat so she just has to double click and all configured wow saves my energy :D

Scenario 1: Add user ferrari to the administrators group:

* Create a batch script "useradd.bat"
* Type in useradd.bat:
net user ferrari password /add /active:yes
net localgroup Users ferrari /DELETE
net localgroup Administrators ferrari /ADD

Scenario 2: Enable Remote Desktop

* Create a batch script "enable_rd.bat"
* Type in enable_rd.bat
reg add "hklm\system\currentcontrolset\control\terminal server" /f /v fDenyTSConnections /t REG_DWORD /d 0

Scenario 3: To Map a shared directory = test on my machine hostname=ferrari on my gals machine . Only user "testuser" on my machine whose password is password is allowed full control permission on the share.

* Create a batch script "map_drive.bat"
* Type in map_drive.bat
net use * \\ferrari\test password /user:ferrari\testuser

thats it myproblem solved. so u have a friend or a gal for whom u cant type those long steps and explain then just create scripts :)

u can think of other scenarios and create scripts accordingly

Also from command line type:
net /?
reg /?

Regards.

nice work
keep a spy on her -- may be she is not chatting to u only.

I prefer using RAMIN or VNC where u just need the Server running there for any task u need to accomplish remotely. Just turnend down by symantec's move on catching RADMIN as spyware :(

mehargags said:
nice work
keep a spy on her -- may be she is not chatting to u only.
I prefer using RAMIN or VNC where u just need the Server running there for any task u need to accomplish remotely. Just turnend down by symantec's move on catching RADMIN as spyware :(

ha ha :bleh: i do not need to spy on her dude

instead of VNC i prefer Symantec PC Anywhere and yes many antispyware and antivirus detect VNC as spyware and delete it thats why i switched on to Remote desktop

regards.

Wait a sec, ur girl lives in the next building and you are here on the comp, chatting with her virtually rather than over there doing... whatever it is u 2 do.
W e i r d

well
Reason 1:
That saves telephone bills since we chat over lan @ night for long time. :p

Reason 2:
I don't have to go everytime to her place to troubleshoot her machine and u know parents :D and when we chat on PC parents think we are doing some serious work on computer

Reason 3:
I am lazy system administrator :)

Regards.

Back