configuring pppoe connection in wireless router does not work. help needed

cool_cat

Adept
Hi,
I have a BSNL broadband with iball-baton iB-LR6111A modem which is then connected to a Belkin N150 wireless router. I usually configure pppoe dialer in Router web interface(192.168.2.1) and it worked till recently. but, I RMAed old router and got a new N150 router model. with this model, I configured pppoe option but, it seems not working. I checked routing table and it seems OK. Router's WAN interface LED is glowing. however, in web interface, it is showing as "Internet-not connected".

Is this the fault with the modem or router? because, I RMAed old Belking router for the same reason, suddenly the Old N150 started showing the same problem as it cannot connect to internet. but, with the new N150 router also not connecting, is iball modem, the suspect?
with iball modem, either in bridge mode or pppoe mode connected to NIC, it works perfectly fine.

however, if I configure pppoe dialer in iball modem and then connect it to belkin router, it is still not working.

Is there a way I can make sure, Router is not faulty? another doubt is, iball modem ip- 192.168.1.1 and belkin router - 192.168.2.1 , is this fine.

configure modem as full bridge mode only. then set router to dial modem in ppoe mode.
if you want to check if modem is faulty, connect pc directly to modem (bridged mode only) and use windows dialer to dial it. or you can use rasdial command if you have configured the bsnl connection previously in pc.

see if there's a connect on demand or always connected option in router. also there should be a "connect" button in some settings page to connect to the net.

router and modem ip address are fine.

Hi,
I have a BSNL broadband with iball-baton iB-LR6111A modem which is then connected to a Belkin N150 wireless router. I usually configure pppoe dialer in Router web interface(192.168.2.1) and it worked till recently. but, I RMAed old router and got a new N150 router model. with this model, I configured pppoe option but, it seems not working. I checked routing table and it seems OK. Router's WAN interface LED is glowing. however, in web interface, it is showing as "Internet-not connected".

Is this the fault with the modem or router? because, I RMAed old Belking router for the same reason, suddenly the Old N150 started showing the same problem as it cannot connect to internet. but, with the new N150 router also not connecting, is iball modem, the suspect?
with iball modem, either in bridge mode or pppoe mode connected to NIC, it works perfectly fine.

however, if I configure pppoe dialer in iball modem and then connect it to belkin router, it is still not working.

Is there a way I can make sure, Router is not faulty? another doubt is, iball modem ip- 192.168.1.1 and belkin router - 192.168.2.1 , is this fine.

Most generally the problem is with the MAC address identification/authentication
Check what MAC is registered to your account by logging in your BB account at BSNL website
There would be a option to add MAC address in you router, it will have two options to clone PC MAC address or enter manually, if you find out the registered MAC address at the BSNL site enter that in there
I had two friends having same problem, and the fault was not updating there MAC address

I tried the mac address given in bsnl control panel. but, all fails.
if I try pppoe dialer in modem or use bridge mode with PC(rp-pppoe dialer from pc), connection works. but when connected to wireless router, it fails. is it correct to assume this modem is DoA? this is a brand new router(sealed pack) btw!

What looks from your problem it looks like problem with MAC address only, was there only one MAC address mentioned in the selfcare portal, did you tried cloning or entering your PCs MAC?

What looks from your problem it looks like problem with MAC address only, was there only one MAC address mentioned in the selfcare portal, did you tried cloning or entering your PCs MAC?
well, the mac address shown in selfcare portal is the same mac id as my NIC's. cannot believe that new router is DoA?

Back