Confused about buying phone <20k

1. Q: Budget?
A: 20k max

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: None

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Should have decent camera, don't require anything extraordinary

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, Multimedia, Timepass gaming

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: None

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: See below!

First of all, my motivation for buying a new phone is the Nexus 4. At $299, it's easily, EASILY the best option for just 16.5k.
But the issue is, when/if it's sold in India by LG, it's price will definitely not be 16.5k, it'll be over 25k since LG can't keep the sort of margins Google can afford to. So, buying it in India is out of question. So now I have 3 options:

1. Buy some other good (but not as good as the Nexus 4) phone like the Xperia S or something else you guys recommend.
2. Buy the Nexus from the grey market in Delhi (whenever it's available)
3. Wait for a friend from the US to come to India and tell him to get it.

Option 2 and 3 won't get me warranty but it'll get me a much much superior phone. But I'm not sure if it'll be worth the loss of warranty. What do you guys think?

And how much do you think the Nexus 4 will cost in the Grey market in India? Consider the fact that the Galaxy Nexus is available for 19k on Amazon and for 20-21k in the grey market.

I know right? But the issue is that my friend will be coming to back in May, which is waaaay too late.

Anyone experience with all this, can you estimate what the grey market price for the Nexus 4 would be?

AFAIK it is $10 for the first 500 gms or is it 1 lb can't remember. Not sure how you calculated 3000/-
I don't remember but I distinctly remember reading somewhere that Duties can come to be more than 2k. I'm not sure now though. Plus shipping cost from Google to the US plus US taxes.

Do we have someone here who has ordered a phone via ICCWOrld?

Back