Confused between 3gs and 4g

a_t_u_l

Disciple
I need to buy an iPhone for my wife.
The arising issue with 4g has got me confused where as to buy 4g or go for 3gs. I dont have much knowledge of iPhone.
I dont want the hassle of jailbreaking and all that and my wife is on vadofone would prefer a locked vodafone. That way the phone can be upgraded to new firmware or thats how my understanding is.
Any idea or 4g user to highlight if the network issue is really that big.
kindly remove time and Please advice...

^^^if u gonna buy an iPhone 4 then better start learning to hold a phone the way "jobs" does.:jumpy:

Btw the iPhone 4 is way better n generations ahead if u can live wid the reception problem or work a way around it.

the reception problem is said to be a software issue by apple and might get solved with a software update, get an officially unlocked iphone 4 if you can find it else a officially unlocked 3gs, they dont sell officially in india so make sure u get a factory unlocked version to avoid hassles

a_t_u_l said:
I need to buy an iPhone for my wife.

The arising issue with 4g has got me confused where as to buy 4g or go for 3gs. I dont have much knowledge of iPhone.

I dont want the hassle of jailbreaking and all that and my wife is on vadofone would prefer a locked vodafone. That way the phone can be upgraded to new firmware or thats how my understanding is.

Any idea or 4g user to highlight if the network issue is really that big.

kindly remove time and Please advice...
why are you even thinking here? go and get iphone 4G! It's miles ahead of 3GS

I would suggest you to hold on that purchase as of now. Let the initial batch of phones get sold so that all the production flaws/defects come into light. Get one by the end of July since then it would have been launched in HK too which would mean u would get cheaper in Grey market

One thing you can do is to wait for sometime till 'solid' reviews from experts comes out. It will hardly take less than month, geeks are dying to review this extremely powerful gadget :bleh:

Thankyou everyone for your replies, no doubt 4g is far superior in performance compared to 3gs. Hope its a software issue but as per few discussion the reception issue if resolved through firmware upgrade will lead to more power consumption. Already the battery life isnt very impressive. And as nothing can be done on hardware end we will have to live with it.
Looking forward to a stable 4G.

Back