Video Confused between a regular BD player or a BD writer for my comp

raj_pol

Skilled
Hi,

My PC dvd writer conked a couple of years back and since then I have not been using any optical player as such. Now I have got a new TV (Samsung S6220) and am looking for a BD player. Two questions:

1. Should I get a regular BD player (external) and connect the same to my TV or an internal BD writer that I can fit into my computer? The costs for the internal player should be lesser.

2. In case of either of the options (internal or external) can you please suggest some good models lesser than 10k. Ideally I would prefer within the 6kish range.

Thanks
Raj

If you're using your PC to connect to the TV with HDMI, by all means buy the burner, it'll be more use than a standalone player. I believe the Asus/Liteon ones cost about 7K nowadays.

@AK3D Thanks I keep seeing a LG Ble ray reader for 2000 bucks but it is out of stock now. Any other cheapo reders you know. I am not concerned with BD writing right now as I do not think I will be doing that for quite some time to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all. I would probably go with the cheapest Blue Ray player. I just need an optical drive for the pc and I do not see myself buying a lot of Blue Rays or writing on them.

Back