Confused between Galaxy Ace and Wildfire S

Guys i'm planning to buy an android phone at around 13-14k. I'm confused between Galaxy Ace and Wildfire S.
Please suggest which would be better.
Also please give your suggestions for other good phones at this range.
Thanks a lot!:)

gani.slimshady said:
The phone's for my sister. She's not so sure about spice. So you think Defy would be a better choice than ace or wildfire?

Yes, the defy is better than both the phones, Ace and Wildfire S. So if you can stretch enough to get the Defy, get it.

Note: Try the phone before you buy (in this case, make you sister try).

One last point is, are you sure you want an Android phone for your sister? You may get Nokia phones like C6-01 with better camera, screen, battery life etc... at a similar price, in case she is not an app-junkie. Posting your requirements would be more useful. :)

^ Thanks for the reply bro. I'll definitely have a look at defy. Yes she wants an android specifically for the apps ( Books and Medical Applications). So if it would be between ace and Wildfire which one would you prefer?

It is highly recommended that you go with the Defy if you want an Android phone in this budget. You will need to extend to 14.8k to buy from letsbuy.com using RCOMLB1 coupon(you will get a free BT headset) or if you are lucky, you may find it for a lower price in some shops.

It will be an insult to your hard earned money if you buy the Ace or Wildfire S at this budget (not joking).

Actually if apps are the only reason and she is not going to play any games etc. you can also checkout the dell xcd35. for 9k it has very decent specs. It has a bigger screen and higher resolution than both ace and wildfire S.

manu1991:1871356 said:
Actually if apps are the only reason and she is not going to play any games etc. you can also checkout the dell xcd35. for 9k it has very decent specs. It has a bigger screen and higher resolution than both ace and wildfire S.

If you've got the budget, better go for defy or ace or wildfire s.

Defy - Turns out the best mobile to be used after flashing custom rom + ruggedness

Ace - The best android camera you can get in this price range with flash

Wildfire s - Out of the box, eye candy experienced.Better option for non geeks (those who don't flash custom rom and stuff). + gorilla glass + very small in hand.

Definitely no xcd35 - poor camera and sluggish interface, if not modded with custom rom.

Optimus one - better buy, if you are out of budget. Definitely not better than ace / defy

As Many have already stated go with defy , this is by far the best fone in that price bracket . it has got a better battery life , bigger screen (still the overall dimension is same as ace) rugged , flash support ( ace even with 2.3 dont have full flash- 10.2 ) ... camera is the only thing where ace excels .

Defy- Wildfire- Ace

Go for Wildfire S.More colour options,very compact phone.

Your sis may not like the defy's design though it's more of a personal opinion

Also Galaxy ace is laggy out of the box.

Wildfire s and ace share most of the specs

Same Processor , ace clocked higher

Same screen resolution,again ace slightly larger in size

Both have 5mp camera

Still I would say avoid ace,Choose between Defy and Wild fire S

Members here on TE oppose ace just for the heck of it..specs on paper are different from practical experience..member above me says that ace is laggy out of the box..lol..its more smoother than out of box defy..

^ - +1 I too have seen many guys. But I really dunno what's the reason. My sister in law is having that mobile and I get to play with a lot. And I must say, out of the box, the lag is equal or better to my Samsung galaxy S. (I'm talking about the home screen UI and menu UI and not different application performance, like browser or games etc.,). I really like the device except for the screen (that too when compared to my 4" s-amoled).

bondx99 said:
Members here on TE oppose ace just for the heck of it..specs on paper are different from practical experience..member above me says that ace is laggy out of the box..lol..its more smoother than out of box defy..

I would pick Defy over Ace. Reason being better hardware, screen and most importantly, the availability of custom ROMs. Ace may be smoother out of the box but once you load proper 3rd party ROM, Defy gets much better. And it is getting CM7 mod!

@OP, strictly among W:S and Ace, I would go with W:S and if you are looking for a sub-15k device, nothing beats Defy

bondx99 said:

Ace has smaller battery. Grainy screen and not so good design (subjective). While Defy has better screen, more rugged and better online support.
Ace is not a bad phone.. But it is priced too close to Defy . That's why members here oppose Ace. Because they want you to have the best phone your money can buy.

@OP:Between Ace and Wildfire S.... Just try both(easily available at most malls). Though I would suggest W S over Ace due to its pleasing design and preloaded Gingerbread.

desiibond said:
I would pick Defy over Ace. Reason being better hardware, screen and most importantly, the availability of custom ROMs. Ace may be smoother out of the box but once you load proper 3rd party ROM, Defy gets much better. And it is getting CM7 mod!

@OP, strictly among W:S and Ace, I would go with W:S and if you are looking for a sub-15k device, nothing beats Defy
Do you think OP's sister would care about custom roms, rooting n all those things?..

desiibond said:
if OP can help his sister in buying one, can' the help her in settingup a custom ROM :D
Agreed but why loose your warranty when you are getting a smoother interface in a phone officially n plus with a gingerbread update officially released for it..?

Back