Confused between Galaxy Ace and Wildfire S

Guys i'm planning to buy an android phone at around 13-14k. I'm confused between Galaxy Ace and Wildfire S.
Please suggest which would be better.
Also please give your suggestions for other good phones at this range.
Thanks a lot!:)

bondx99 said:
Agreed but why loose your warranty when you are getting a smoother interface in a phone officially n plus with a gingerbread update officially released for it..?

who said that you will lose warranty by loading a custom ROM? and unless you pull the data cable when a custom ROM is being loaded, nothing will happen. Even then, just go to service center and tell them that the phone is not turning on (without telling them about loadin custom ROM). My N900 runs european version of firmware and I went few times to get minor things fixed. They never asked or checked the ROM that I loaded. Same was the case with my Legend.

PS: you can always load factory firmware

bondx99 said:
Members here on TE oppose ace just for the heck of it..specs on paper are different from practical experience..member above me says that ace is laggy out of the box..lol..its more smoother than out of box defy..
+1

Ace is real smooth.
But it has less RAM compared to the Defy, thumbnail of picture takes a bit more time to load.
@OP Go for Defy ,coz it has better config than Ace. Leave Widfire S, HTC battery sucks and doesn't even last a day with constant usage. :mad:

And Defy is real value for ur hard earned money :)

@OP- If no one is nearby you while you test the phone and if there is a wifi connection, install launcher pro (free) in Defy and then compare it with other mobiles. It gives you an extra bit of smoothness, a very little bit :)

ramanujpatro said:
+1
Ace is real smooth.
But it has less RAM compared to the Defy, thumbnail of picture takes a bit more time to load.

@OP Go for Defy ,coz it has better config than Ace. Leave Widfire S, HTC battery sucks and doesn't even last a day with constant usage. :mad:

You are right about HTC being a loser in Battery, but I think Wildfire S and the current 'S' series are having a much improved batter than the earlier ones (like for example, desire hd).
But they are still the worst in cameras. Don't know why the hell they can't make a camera that takes a picture with good quality. Even their latest Incredible and other 8mp mobile's detailing sucks big time!

desiibond said:
who said that you will lose warranty by loading a custom ROM? and unless you pull the data cable when a custom ROM is being loaded, nothing will happen. Even then, just go to service center and tell them that the phone is not turning on (without telling them about loadin custom ROM). My N900 runs european version of firmware and I went few times to get minor things fixed. They never asked or checked the ROM that I loaded. Same was the case with my Legend.

PS: you can always load factory firmware
Lol..thats cool then if they dont cross check..can understand that coz service n call centres r filled with noobs..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ramanujpatro said:
+1

Ace is real smooth.

Thumbnails only take time for the first time..after that its as buttery as iphone..go anytime after that even after clearing up the ram..its fast n smooth..plus 3D gallery is a treat to watch..

emmarbee said:
@OP- If no one is nearby you while you test the phone and if there is a wifi connection, install launcher pro (free) in Defy and then compare it with other mobiles. It gives you an extra bit of smoothness, a very little bit :)
Same goes for ace..smoothness doubled :)

[/COLOR]
gani.slimshady said:
I'm going to buy the phone today. Will try defy in person. Will go for Defy if i like the phone or else i'll go with Wildfire S. :)
Thanks a lot for the replies guys!:hap2:
Go for anything but wildfire S man..it sucks big time..my roommate has it n he is ready to exchange it with my ace with extra money..lol..i am not exchanging though :p

bondx99 said:
Members here on TE oppose ace just for the heck of it..specs on paper are different from practical experience..member above me says that ace is laggy out of the box..lol..its more smoother than out of box defy..

It's ok If you feel Ace is smoother Then Other Phones in this range. Maybe It is.Maybe The phone that I tried was laggy. or Maybe You got an ACE with a newer FW, But What I post is strictly my opinion. If I try a Phone and its laggy then I mention It is laggy. It is not to oppose a particular brand/or to appease another .

You own/use/tried an ace and you narrated your experiences. Thats also fine. That is what a community is for so that people can give varied opinions according to their personal experiences regarding the same topic.

There are some member who feel symbian is better then android, or android is better then iOS. All this is ok because It is the personal opinion that counts.

Just for the record I tried Motorola Milestone with 550 Mhz Cpu and running stock pre-eclair 2.0 , Moto X720 700 Mhz, stock Moto 2.1, and Galaxy Ace 800 Mhz running Froyo with touchwhiz. All three phones were freshly booted up . Both Motos were significantly faster then ACE, in common tasks like opening app drawer , opening the Call log/Phone app,launching the messaging application. It was quite similar to the lag that was seen in earlier versions of other samsung android phones.That was a surprise considering the motorola phones were running android eclair 2.1 and slower clocked processors. Yes ,Installing Launcher Pro will solve the lag problem,or maybe Lag fix/custom FW, but seriously when Paying 13k for a phone ,It should be good enough out of the Box.

And also please quote me if you answer to my post/related to my post. I almost missed the "Member above me" thing .. ;) LOL

regards.

aka911 said:
Also there are some members who feel SGS is tougher then/as tough as Defy because It has a gorilla glass covered screen. All this is ok because It is the personal opinion that counts.
Hey, that's not fair. I was just kidding with wolvish. He was too proud about his defy. So I was just pulling his legs. Everyone knows what defy can do!

Are you having both the mobiles? If so, are you running stock rom or custom rom on defy?

Hpnx6320:1874383 said:
defy is better than both the phones
i have samsung ace , its low ram & very less phone memory is huge drawback.it create hanging problem due to this

Back