Audio Confused between pl11 and pl30

dhiren9600gt

Disciple
hi guys,me and my friend decided to buy a pl30 1 week ago,since then i have been having some brainstorming sessions about whether pl30 has very low bass,or not.My friend decided to buy pl11 saying that pl11 has good bass.My budget is till 1k ,but want to buy 1 time good earphones.Also,will the pl30s be a good pair with nokia 5310 xpressmusic or will i need an amplifier,or should i go with pl11. Please help.

i am also using pl30 and i am not having any problems though i feel the bass is low after using re0, re1 and ne7 but they arent comparable with pl30 - they are totally different and very good

go ahead for pl30

depends on the source. i have a pl-11 paired with sony ericsson W350 which suffices for my needs with respect to bass, and overall SQ. but when i hear them on nokia 5230 i kind of don't like it. so for a nokia i think you are better off with a NE-6 or pl-21 since the ones in mic earphones do not seem to work with nokia.

Its an unfair comparison mate, its not fair to either the PL-11 or the PL-30.

In terms of purely sound quality, the PL-30 is wayyy better than a PL-11. The detailing is simply superb compared to the PL-11, which more often than not drowns out everything else with its emphasis on bass. If you want boomy bass then go with PL-11. But since you want to buy one time and want good sound quality, go for the PL-30.

But i'd say go for the PL-21, its got the right mixture of bass and detailing (for its price point), excellent value for money proposition.

And about the over the ear thing, they are ear hooks and not necessary to be worn all the time. You could wear them the normal way also.

arjpillai said:
Its an unfair comparison mate, its not fair to either the PL-11 or the PL-30.

In terms of purely sound quality, the PL-30 is wayyy better than a PL-11. The detailing is simply superb compared to the PL-11, which more often than not drowns out everything else with its emphasis on bass. If you want boomy bass then go with PL-11. But since you want to buy one time and want good sound quality, go for the PL-30.

But i'd say go for the PL-21, its got the right mixture of bass and detailing (for its price point), excellent value for money proposition.

And about the over the ear thing, they are ear hooks and not necessary to be worn all the time. You could wear them the normal way also.

Well said :). @ OP if you dont mind a light impact-less bass , get the PL-30 or else get the PL-21.PL-11 isn't worth considering unless you want to save your money :p.

FaH33m said:
Well said :). @ OP if you dont mind a light impact-less bass , get the PL-30 or else get the PL-21.PL-11 isn't worth considering unless you want to save your money :p.
I have heard that pl30 has an adjustable bass knob,doesnt that help to increase bass,if we do say that it has low bass?

^ It does increase the depth of the bass but not by a huge margin .Also it kinda makes the mids a little muddy. :p

FaH33m said:
^ It does increase the depth of the bass but not by a huge margin .Also it kinda makes the mids a little muddy. :p
I listen to rock music,sometimes metal,also bollywood songs,so can these details be more specific for which to buy?i.e. pl21 or pl30?

^ Yes the PL-21 will work with Nokia phones having 3.5mm jack but a MP-21 wont as its pin config is different.

Back