Monitors Confused betwn dell 2240l & hp 22fi..!!

Ashutosh_j

Recruit
I want to buy 22 inch ips monitor. After lot of surfing I finally decided to buy between these two. before that I was interested in buying 24 inch led tv, I liked the AOC 23 inch fhd 3d tv which was ~13500. It had good reviews too, unfortunately it is out of stock from past few months. Also I read lot of reviews about eye strain thing and so and so.. then I decided to narrow my budget and only buy an ips monitor.
There is not a single detail review on hp 22fi display. Currently hp is available at rs 9472 on snapdeal and dell is available at 8220 on Amazon. Please help me in deciding which one should I buy??

The HP is a glossy AH-IPS panel like the Dell. You might as well get the dell. Or look at the LG models for a matte finish AH-IPS panel.

Yes I knew that already, the reason I choose hp more coz of its one of the features -
BrightView Display Technology gives you a clear picture.
The smooth surface panel reflects light downward and reduces screen glare with no loss of contrast.
Reflected light does not reach your eyes from the entire display surface, therefore the picture from the display is clear and not washed out.
I want to know whether investing over 1k for HP is worth or shall I go for DELL/LG??
thanks in adv. :)

Yeah, I agree. That's the main problem coz I dont find any reviews on HP. So as far now, I'm likely to go for dell since its currently cheaper than both LG and HP. Any other monitor that can be considered? Also LG has matte finish display. So is it worth preferring it over dell?? (Price difference is over 1k)

Dell model is glossy one while LG is a matte finish.
Glossy Finishes tend to glare when there is a light source behind you, say a window/Light behind you. Hence not suited for long term usage, like working in office. But the build is good and it looks nice. BTW it has no VESA mount support.
LG on the other hand is a Matte Finish model hence devoid of all troubles mentioned above. The build is ok too. It has VESA mount support.

Both of them are covered by a 3 yr warranty.

LG has 2 models a 56 model featuring silver face and a 55 featuring a black face.

If its a TN panel - then its a let down. Still, good luck with your purchase.
Thank you :). Actually I'm ok with TN panel as I'm getting 24 inch monitor (never seen before :woot:) with anti glare display. Also I've read lot about it on reviews that it has decent color reproduction & VFM product. Many out there are buying it for multiple monitor setup as it's the cheapest available.

Back