Monitors Confused in Choosing A new Monitor!!!

anujgupta

Disciple
hey!!!

i m plannin to buy a new monitor this week or next week most probably..:D
main use will be watching movies FULL HD..:D, doin designin on Core Draw and sometimes playing games..;)

My preference will be DELL and SAMSUNG only..:D

by budget will be around 12k..:)

so plzz help me out in this one..:)

I would suggest go for BenQ G2420HD for around 10k , it is value for money and is one of the best monitors

i know you said only samsung and dell ,, but you have to give this one a chance

else try Dell U2311 for 13k

anujgupta said:
hey!!!

i m plannin to buy a new monitor this week or next week most probably..:D

main use will be watching movies FULL HD..:D, doin designin on Core Draw and sometimes playing games..;)

My preference will be DELL and SAMSUNG only..:D

by budget will be around 12k..:)

so plzz help me out in this one..:)
Avoid so many smilies, makes your post difficult to go through.

If you are spending 12K, i would suggest add a few more and get the Dell Ultrasharp 2311 IPS panel display. Its worth the extra money (3K approximately). For that price you get amazing picture quality (great colour reproduction and black levels) and good viewing angles.

Yes it does'nt have HDMI but DVI and display ports. You can use Display ports if you have that feature in your graphics card or DVI. There's not much picture quality difference between DVI and HDMI. HDMI is useful when audio trasnfers are required. This monitor is highly recommended because of its high performance

^^

+1 to Dell Ultrasharp U2311H, it cannibalizes other monitors in performance department, it comes with the more upto-date Display Port adapter + it uses IPS panel which equates to a better color gamut as well as good viewing angles as compared to a standard TN panel based monitor.

Query buster --

DP (Display Port) -- DisplayPort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TN panel -- Liquid crystal display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IPS panel -- Liquid crystal display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lol...if you don't mind, why did you created this thread if you are not open for suggestions..??

Anyway, that's up to you, I shouldn't comment on this..!! Though I got my suggestion as I was also looking for HD Monitor. :D

One more thing, don't use so much smiley's, read the rules, as far I remember there is a rule for not to use more than 3 smiley's in one post. I think I've got an infraction for this even sometime in the past. So just a warning..!! Not reporting the post though..!! But be sure to read the rules and not to mistake it again...!!

Happy buying..!! Don't forget to post your Show Off after getting the product :D

krishnandu said:
lol...if you don't mind, why did you created this thread if you are not open for suggestions..??

Anyway, that's up to you, I shouldn't comment on this..!! Though I got my suggestion as I was also looking for HD Monitor. :D

One more thing, don't use so much smiley's, read the rules, as far I remember there is a rule for not to use more than 3 smiley's in one post. I think I've got an infraction for this even sometime in the past. So just a warning..!! Not reporting the post though..!! But be sure to read the rules and not to mistake it again...!!

Happy buying..!! Don't forget to post your Show Off after getting the product :D
i m open for suggestion....

i m just givin my point of view..i reduce my budget as i have to buy an hd media player as well

and regarding smileys i really didnt knew abt that, thnx for telling me..:p

anujgupta said:
i m open for suggestion....

i m just givin my point of view..i reduce my budget as i have to buy an hd media player as well

and regarding smileys i really didnt knew abt that, thnx for telling me..:p
It's ok :)

Sorry for misunderstanding.

Hey guys thnx for the support...

I Finally bought DELL ST2220L...:)

but whn i tried to connect the monitor through DVI, i got the following error...

The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920x1080@ 60 Hz or any other monitor listed timing as per the monitor specifications.

My Graphics Card is 9600GT...:(

Probably its the refresh rate which is causing the problem. I am not sure which monitor you have been using the past, but cheap LCD does not support anything more than 60HZ.

Do change your display resolution and refresh rate and post your observation

Such error messages come when you try to force the display resolution beyoind the maximum supported by your monitor at a particular refresh rate ,

Did the error popup during booting or while windows was loading ?

They do allow 75 hz refresh rate at lower resolutions i guess,

Try changing refrash rate using VGA cable and then connect using DVI cable

In Windows, it's Right Click>Properties>Settings>Advanced>Monitor.

In nVidia Control Panel, it's in Display>Change resolution.

You can also go into safe mode (keep pressing F8 key during bootup) and update the refresh rate and a supported standard resolution and reboot normally.

Back