PC Peripherals Confused over this SMPS

ninjarao

Adm1n Privilege
Disciple
Just found this PSU in Lynx which is 600 Watts ! :huh: what i need to know anyone bought this or used it ? how it's performance any idea by looking at its specifications ? i am just looking to make a Rig , just checking out things !

Here :

Definitely one of those cheap PSUs intended to confuse an uninformed buyer! Stay away from these junk.

What exactly are your intended PC specs? We can as well suggest you an alternative!

Black_Hawk said:
Yup, post the system specs and we can suggest a good PSU for it.

Thank you guys ! well the only reason i didn't want to start a thread with making a RIG was i already posted one few weeks back and still in a process to make a rig ,

Well what i need was a spacious cabby which i was suggested Bijili budget is tight :bleh: then Biostar Mob 790 variant with Phenom x 2 550 BE , 48xx ATI or ATI 47xx card under 8 k ~ 9k , i been told it requires Power more then normal GPU's so i wanted to check some Higher watt PSU like the one i mentioned , considering i keep two DVD writers , Atleast 2 HDD 1 TB each or 1 Tb and 500 GB , maybe a internal TV tuner card capturing card ! now i don't want to get a expensive PSU and then feel its not enough .. last thinking of 24 inch Benq TFT .

ninjarao said:
Thank you guys ! well the only reason i didn't want to start a thread with making a RIG was i already posted one few weeks back and still in a process to make a rig ,

Well what i need was a spacious cabby which i was suggested Bijili budget is tight :bleh: then Biostar Mob 790 variant with Phenom x 2 550 BE , 48xx ATI or ATI 47xx card under 8 k ~ 9k , i been told it requires Power more then normal GPU's so i wanted to check some Higher watt PSU like the one i mentioned , considering i keep two DVD writers , Atleast 2 HDD 1 TB each or 1 Tb and 500 GB , maybe a internal TV tuner card capturing card ! now i don't want to get a expensive PSU and then feel its not enough .. last thinking of 24 inch Benq TFT .

personally speaking the PSU you mentioned is crap to me.
let me tell you whatsoever the products that you Purchase it's the PSU which powers them so don't compromise for spending 1 or 2k more for PSU than you've planned.
i promise you, you won't regret it.
get a Corsair VX450:eek:hyeah: for 4k
HAPPY GAMING..:D

ninjarao said:
now i don't want to get a expensive PSU and then feel its not enough ..

I would strongly advice you to re-think. Please don't buy a crappy PSU. Your going to curse yourself later. Instead invest in a much, much better Corsair VX450 and stay happy for a long time mate. :)

As others have said get corair vx 450 and be happy
psu is very important for a pc crapy psus will fail sooner rather than later when they do your pc could be fried now you dont want that do you

WingZero said:
lolz 18A on 12v rails....consider 12v x 18 = 216w....:rofl:

Technically speaking i don't know about all this but i think you know it better so Thanks :hap2:

Black_Hawk said:
I would strongly advice you to re-think. Please don't buy a crappy PSU. Your going to curse yourself later. Instead invest in a much, much better Corsair VX450 and stay happy for a long time mate. :)

Alright thanks so much ! know my confusion is over i better get a nice Corsair 450 or a variant .

naveen58 said:
personally speaking the PSU you mentioned is crap to me.
let me tell you whatsoever the products that you Purchase it's the PSU which powers them so don't compromise for spending 1 or 2k more for PSU than you've planned.
i promise you, you won't regret it.
get a Corsair VX450:eek:hyeah: for 4k
HAPPY GAMING..:D
Thanks mate i keep that in mind while doing shopping ..

mitra.shiva said:
go for...benq G2412......

Yes i was planning the same model ! even though its a TN Panel but its in my budget :clap:

Sai@tech said:
As others have said get corair vx 450 and be happy
psu is very important for a pc crapy psus will fail sooner rather than later when they do your pc could be fried now you dont want that do you

Thanks Mate ! i understand it will fail sooner or later .. no more confusion !

LOL at how they labeled a PSU with a single 12V rail @ 18A as a 600W PSU. Its a 250W PSU in reality as are most of the generic 400/450/500/550W PSU's.

^^12v @ 18A can be rated as 600w provided it does deliver the remaining watts on 5v and 3.3v rail....which is useless for today's pc.

But see other specs too..there were powersafe smps rated 500w with 18A on 12v rail but those delivered 50A on 5v rail and 30+ A on 3.3v rail.

Sai@tech said:
Corsair VX 450W is better CoolerMaster eXtreme Power series is not that realiable

Black_Hawk said:
Nope... I would stay away. Buy the Corsair VX450.

Thanks , So VX series are better oh ic ! any reasons ? :huh: just want to know one thing is higher watts psu better ? then lower watts with more efficiency , coz running GPU and All my other components in my pc would require power so Vx 450 will be enough for me ? GPU = 47 xx or 48 xx and two Dvd writers , Amd Phenom x2 550 BE and Biostar 790 , Two or three HDD atlast maybe a Internal Tv Tuner card ! :S

ninjarao said:
Thanks , So VX series are better oh ic ! any reasons ? :huh: just want to know one thing is higher watts psu better ? then lower watts with more efficiency , coz running GPU and All my other components in my pc would require power so Vx 450 will be enough for me ? GPU = 47 xx or 48 xx and two Dvd writers , Amd Phenom x2 550 BE and Biostar 790 , Two or three HDD atlast maybe a Internal Tv Tuner card ! :S

Just give this a read to know why the Corsair VX450 is better than the CM Extreme series PSU's:

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/corsair-vx-450w-vs-coolermaster-extreme-128757.html

Also, the Corsair VX450 will be able to handle your rig comfortably. :)

Back