CPU/Mobo Confused !!

go for p35 chipest are better u can also buy drr3 ram it give timer latty 9-9-9-1

but ram vost 489$ and more

I would say go for P5KC, It has both DDR2 & DDR3 banks... give a decent upgrade path for future if you're looking for mobo in long run. Plus it is ready for penryn so that you can upgrade CPU also later.

I'm planning to buy it (maybe next month) with Q6600, as I'm thinking of getting rid of my Pentium D 830 (bloody finally)... and I am looking for something till Nehalem settles with acceptable costs (plus I want to save money for macbook pro :D)

I'm getting good prices on combo of P5KC and Q6600, around 21k (200-400 rs. range plus-minus from different vendors)

Where are you from?
Where will you be buying from?
Will you be overclocking your processor?
How soon will you be upgrading to a Quad?
:p

Bikeinstein.... if those questions are for me...

I'm from mumbai,

got those rates from Lamington Road,

I'll be OCing my Quad (I already have Thermaltake Bigwater SE, but the pump is busted.. I'm planning to buy new pump when I get quad),

and all this will happen in sept end probably.

:)

On the other hand, my girlfriend think I should wait till Penryns are out. She believes that with Penryn launch, Intel will cut down more cost on current processors and I'll get better deal. It's just a matter of 3-4 months.

Gotta say she's got point, but that rev. G0 Q6600 at 11K keep teasing me. ;)

iGo said:
On the other hand, my girlfriend think I should wait till Penryns are out. She believes that with Penryn launch, Intel will cut down more cost on current processors and I'll get better deal. It's just a matter of 3-4 months.

Gotta say she's got point, but that rev. G0 Q6600 at 11K keep teasing me. ;)
OMG.:O
Are you magnet?
He says the same thing for everything so very often.:lol:
Magnet bhai- aapko mera :bleh:

Waiting 3-4months to get a Penryn is ok- it's worth the wait if it ain't urgent.

But waiting for Kentsfield prices to drop is so 'i don't know what to say'- its like waiting 3-4months to buy a gen old chip.

You are succumbing to the 'wait and never get' game.
Coz there is always something better if you wait and prices will always drop when something better comes out.
I hope you understand what i am saying.:)

And did you say 11k- as in now?:O
Coz i was thinking they are 13k odd.
If it's already 11k then WTH are you waiting for- Republic Day?::p

And about your GF- she seems to be a very bright lady but would she have put off her summerwear shopping for winter sales when summer wear is cheaper.
Will you you wait to buy rainwear after the monsoon is over coz thats wen they are cheapest.:p

BTW, those Qs were for Voila.:p
vij said:
Wow, a girl told u abt Penryn...Ask her to register here :D
Waiting and then buying kentsfield isnt a great idea.
I second both your points Wiz.:p

Well... I'm not Magnet, most certainly.

You're right, those are the exact thoughts I had about her comments. The way I see it, most probably I'll be going on with my purchase next month.

well... There's no point in waiting...I mean...the offers just keep pouring in.. I was in the same situation till recently.. I have just placed the order for a c2d E6750...

Back