Confusion! laptop for ~55k. Suggestions pls!

JuGGa

ftw !!
Skilled
What's your Budget? - 55k

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Programming, HD movies, encoding stuffs, mediocre gaming

What size and weight considerations do you have? 15"6, weight doesnt matter that much, but not more than 3kg

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Like: Dell, Sony ; Disloke: HCL

Any other considerations? I'd not compromise on following-

1)Backlit keyboard ( I cant live without this)

2)7200 HDD

3)1080p reso

I'll be buying my first lappi this diwali, and I'm waiting from more than one and a half yr, so no chances! :)

EDIT: From my research I have decided on Vaio CB35. Need your comments and suggestions. ITs available at 51.3k + WD essentials 1TB free :eek:hyeah:

TIY

tarunactivity said:
Dell and Sony have laptops in this range. ( Not sure about the weight though ).

Sony vpccb35fn [ VPCCB35FN : C Series : VAIOâ„¢ Laptop & Computer : Sony India ] @ 54,900/-

Dell XPS 15 (with the BGR-LED screen .. ) ~ 58k with Core i5 + 1080p screen

Thanks mate, but i have edited my post now and added my opinion. I had self decided on Vaio after my research but needed comments and suggestion if any.
avi said:
I suggest you to go for Dell XPS.

See this-

Vaio-> 51.3k + WD elements 1 TB free (4k value) + Bag

Dell-> 59k + nothing free :(

Dell positves- brilliant sound, better ASS, a bit weaker gfx (525m Vs 6630m)

My verdict: I cant waste 8k more money (i m excluding the free goodie worth 4k) for dell.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I want a complete package, not just a power-house!

^^Yeah i have kept it mind from long time. Can this extended warranty be availed from local dealers, rather than Sony store.?

^^I hvae read that earlier, and thats the only point of confusion i am having. See this- I'm getting CB35 @ 50.7K with a 1TB 2.5inch 3.0 HDD free (from letsbuy) :eek:hyeah: . So, after that can i opt for extended warranty by visiting sony store?

JuGGa said:
^^I hvae read that earlier, and thats the only point of confusion i am having. See this- I'm getting CB35 @ 50.7K with a 1TB 2.5inch 3.0 HDD free (from letsbuy) :eek:hyeah: . So, after that can i opt for extended warranty by visiting sony store?

Yes, buy laptop from anywhere, it doesnt matter, afterwards you have to get the extended warranty from sony centre anytime within the 12 months of buying the laptop.

Back