Budget 21-30k Connecting 4-5 systems to a single monitor

muthu3dtech

Disciple
Any idea/hardware to connect 4-5 systems to a single monitor (if possible operating all the systems with a single keyboard and mouse)? I know KVM switches. But the models I found online are mostly for just 2 systems. Anything for more than 4-5 systems?

So no need for any kind of hardware? I dont want to connect the systems to the internet...What kind of networking hardware should i procure?

it will have to be pre configured and you will have to add couple of startup entries in task scheduler.
Edit : You cant add password in the above scenario.

it will have to be pre configured and you will have to add couple of startup entries in task scheduler.
Edit : You cant add password in the above scenario.
Are you speaking English...Just kidding :):). Then I have to research a lot about this. Can you quote some exact terms for this workflow, so that I can google them and study.

Any idea/hardware to connect 4-5 systems to a single monitor (if possible operating all the systems with a single keyboard and mouse)? I know KVM switches. But the models I found online are mostly for just 2 systems. Anything for more than 4-5 systems?
If physical hardwire connedtion is not needed, Remote Desktop of Windows is sufficient for this thing.
I had one system (server) on wired ethernet near my router that I used to access from any of my other systems with Remote Desktop. Even the Android app of Remote Desktop from Microsoft works wonders for this.

If physical hardwire connedtion is not needed, Remote Desktop of Windows is sufficient for this thing.
I had one system (server) on wired ethernet near my router that I used to access from any of my other systems with Remote Desktop. Even the Android app of Remote Desktop from Microsoft works wonders for this.
I want to have the system in lan as I may need to trasnfer some big files over the network. as of now I don't have extra monitor for the system so was thinking on how to connect with it. I am not great with networking stuff. can you point me to some resource ???

Are you speaking English...Just kidding :):). Then I have to research a lot about this. Can you quote some exact terms for this workflow, so that I can google them and study.
When i re-read it, it seems full of jargons.:p
Download the following freewares.
You will need a network Switch.

You will need to create a new task for ndi screen capture in task scheduler which will need to start everytime the pc starts...Follow the link

NDI screen capture is way to see the connected pcs windows without using capture cards.
I use it regularly for my online shows.

Attachments

• IMG_20210527_153228.jpg
    IMG_20210527_153228.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I want to have the system in lan as I may need to trasnfer some big files over the network. as of now I don't have extra monitor for the system so was thinking on how to connect with it. I am not great with networking stuff. can you point me to some resource ???
But this workflow wont allow you to have a single set of mouse and keyboard for the multiple systems right?

Hahahaa...Yes i speak a lot...type a lot... :) :) ...But with bad English...

You will need to create a new task for ndi screen capture in task scheduler which will need to start everytime the pc starts...Follow the link

NDI screen capture is way to see the connected pcs windows without using capture cards.
Thanks..I will try this method.

Online Shows ???
But this workflow wont allow you to have a single set of mouse and keyboard for the multiple systems right?

Hahahaa...Yes i speak a lot...type a lot... :) :) ...But with bad English...

Thanks..I will try this method.
I don't mine how it works with anydesk or vmwares. but it should work on lan as sometimes powercut makes the internet go down.

Last edited:
You can get started with something like Anydesk or team viewer. Easier to get started with. They support connections over the local network, you have to enable it in settings.

In this setup, you won't need to share your keyboard mouse as you will be doing everything on one system.

From control and Ux perspective, Windows Remote Desktop gives the best experience, so try that as a second step (assuming all are Windows machines).

If you still do need to share your keyboard mouse, you can look at this software https://www.sharemouse.com/

Back