Storage Solutions Connecting network hard drive with TV ?

jovi

Adept
Main Prblm : I want to connect a hard drive with tv so that i can play movies via it.

so I want to know how to do it , things I have are as follows
1) samsung smart tv ,
2) external hard drive can be purchased(which network harddrive is required)
3) dlink modem/router

So I wana know if tv is connected with harddrive all the time can it use network/wifi for updating movies
i dont wana remove harddrive from tv to update all the time.

OR can harddrive can b connected with router and it is not connected with tv or laptop everything works via router like tv getting data via wifi and movies can be updated without connecting to laptop

I am really confused as to what to do ...

If your router has USB port and dlna server option, then you can connect external hd to your router and media can be accessed via tv's dlna option. Or look for nas drives like wdmycloud which has in built dlna streaming option.

If your router has USB port and dlna server option, then you can connect external hd to your router and media can be accessed via tv's dlna option. Or look for nas drives like wdmycloud which has in built dlna streaming option.
my router has usb its model no is
D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi Router with Modem
it has usb dont know if it has dlna

I've no idea whether your router has dlna option or not... Other option is, if you are open to run laptop during media access, then softwares like XBMC can be useful.

I guess going for nas drive will b best option as of now
now again few problems plz guide me how to to go ahead with it
now things I will have is 1) dlink modem/router (D-Link DSL-2750U)
2) samsung smart tv
3) nas drive
4) laptop

now my dlink router is hanged on the wall in middle of house
so nas drive will b attached with the router on the wall i guess (wired connected with modem ???)
1 ) now how can i download stuff from net via my laptop directly on the nas drive
2) and after things r downloaded into nas drive how can it connect with samsung tv wirelessly

really confuse with all this

I guess going for nas drive will b best option as of now
now again few problems plz guide me how to to go ahead with it
now things I will have is 1) dlink modem/router (D-Link DSL-2750U)
2) samsung smart tv
3) nas drive
4) laptop

now my dlink router is hanged on the wall in middle of house
so nas drive will b attached with the router on the wall i guess (wired connected with modem ???)
1 ) now how can i download stuff from net via my laptop directly on the nas drive
2) and after things r downloaded into nas drive how can it connect with samsung tv wirelessly

really confuse with all this

1) your NAS drive will be connected to your router thru lan cable. Do not hang na on wall (keep it on shelf is fine if you can be sure no one pushes it down when dusting / cleaning)

2)you can download torrents and other stuff using bt / transmission and pyload

3) if your samsung tv is smart tv it will access the nas from your router.

4) you don't need laptop to access nas for downloading if you have smart phone you can use that.

Back