Laptops connecting sony vaio cw to sony LCD, picture get cut

Tron05

Adept
i have a Sony vaio cw laptop. It has a nvidia 330 GT card and can do a max resolution of 1600 x 900.

I have tried connecting it with a hdmi cable to sony bravia 32S550 LCD tv, but the picture always gets truncated. Also tried lower resolutions. didnt help the problem.

Anybody faced this issue?

there is no option to set different resolution for laptop and lcd simultaneously

i have tried setting the resolution to 720p. There is a option to set either 720p or 768p.

i have checked the display modes possible from the laptop and it does not have 1366 x 768 required for 720p. instead has 1360 x 768. can this be the reason?

btw, OS is win 7 HP

check your LCd display (bravia)s option for input modes,normally these displays auto adjust for thier optimal resolution.! is there any problem with the hdmi cable ?.you can also select output display option on nvidia control panel too. (output type:crt/lcd etc)>options>....

this LCD auto detects resolution. I just select which input port to display(VGA/component/hdmi).

and yes, i have tried all output display types available in the option.

go to nvidia control panel and create a custom res. of 1366 x 768 at 60hz ur lappy should pe able to adjust with this res. and ur lcd's will definitely do with it....try this and report

tried changing the resolution, but could not find any option to change it. And strangely, the LCD does not recognize 1360 x 768 resolution, but works when set to 1600 x 900 but with truncation on all sides

Attachments

• display mode.jpg
    display mode.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 50
Tron05 said:
i have a Sony vaio cw laptop. It has a nvidia 330 GT card and can do a max resolution of 1600 x 900.

I have tried connecting it with a hdmi cable to sony bravia 32S550 LCD tv, but the picture always gets truncated. Also tried lower resolutions. didnt help the problem.

Anybody faced this issue?
Even i have faced this Issue. Now i am begining to think this is known issue with no solution for this.
Does your TV have the PC option in the Connection Menu where is list downs all the available inputs?

Back