"Connection was reset"- how to fix it?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
I was browsing my favourite video streaming site last night when all of a sudden I got this "Connection was reset" problem. I've never encountered this before.
FYI, I can load the site. But I cannot load the video.

I've tried clearing cache and history. VPN also doesn't help. I use my mobile 4G and I've also reset the network in my phone. Switching on/off doesn't help.

connection was reset download.png

Try this app

That's a lot. It works. Could my ISP (Vi) be blocking it? Airtel didn't.
I thought it was a network diagnosing app. I didn't expect it to be a VPN lol. If this VPN works and my old VPN (DarkWeb Free) didn't then I suppose my old one is thrash and can be uninstalled?
Also is there any way to change the country/region in this VPN? I didn't see any option to.

I don't know who is blocking it but ISP's all block websites using dpi now. For me Reliance and Airtel both block torrent sites etc. Maybe it's different for different places.
It's not a country specific vpn. It uses Google https dns and encryption and other tricks to mask requests to dns entries.
You can keep both apps. Not necessarily the other one is trash.

What do I do about the PC version then? I can watch it only in mobile now lol. Is there any similar version for PC? Or do I need a multi-device VPN for this?

I don't know why but the file triggered a virus/malware alert on both ff and chrome and wouldn't let me open it.
I had to forcibly run it and it works.
Do I have to run it everytime I want to use those streaming sites?
Also, another question, just to test the VPN's I opened those *ahem* sites blocked by the govt and I could open them using my old VPN too. I was wondering why my ISP is so hellbent on blocking these free sites when they didn't do with the ahem ones. That too suddenly out of the blue when they have been fine for years. Just curious.

Last edited:
I don't know why but the file triggered a virus/malware alert on both ff and chrome and wouldn't let me open it.
I had to forcibly run it and it works.
Do I have to run it everytime I want to use those streaming sites?
Also, another question, just to test the VPN's I opened those *ahem* sites blocked by the govt and I could open them using my old VPN too. I was wondering why my ISP is so hellbent on blocking these free sites when they didn't do with the ahem ones. That too suddenly out of the blue when they have been fine for years. Just curious.

Weird. I get no alerts on my system, using Chrome and Edge. There is no logic about blockage, so I just use it to visit blocked sites.

You have to run it everytime you visit any of the blocked sites (and keep it running in the BG as it is just a CMD window) - just close the window when you are done.

Back