Graphic Cards Connectivity blues.

m47r1m

Adept
Hey guys I have a bit of a problem. I am thinking about connecting my PC to my LCD Tv, mostly to watch movies and to play some games as well. Currently my PC has 2 DVI outputs on my 8800 GTS. The TV is 720p and has VGA, component and HDMI inputs. Problem is I cant figure out the best way to connect them.

The cable length between the TV and the PC will have to be about 10 meters. And I am looking for the cheapest option that will give me good quality display at that range. I have heard that VGA can have issues at that length. Is that true? If so what are my other options?

Wiling to spend 1500 bucks or so. If its more expensive than that I might as well move the PC (something I really dont want to do).

Use the HDMI input. Get a DVI to HDMI adapter and a HDMI to HDMI cable. The cable length should not be a problem here.

As for the adapter, most of the graphics cards come with one. Post a thread in the Market section asking for one and you're likely to get many responses in no time!

Hmm. How much am I looking at for a 10M HDMI cable. I heard they are kinda expensive.

Also anyway to get the audio to the TV speakers as well?

Back