Connectivity issue...

I have a wired internet TATA connection, the problem is after every few minutes i loose connectivity to the local LAN server. As soon as i repair my connection the connectivity is back up. I just formatted my pc and reinstalled all the drivers does not seem to solve the issue.
I have a gigabyte 690G chipset mobo and Win XP, with no av or firewall installed.
Could it be an hardware issue with my LAN card ?

techmaster said:
I have a wired internet TATA connection, the problem is after every few minutes i loose connectivity to the local LAN server. As soon as i repair my connection the connectivity is back up. I just formatted my pc and reinstalled all the drivers does not seem to solve the issue.

I have a gigabyte 690G chipset mobo and Win XP, with no av or firewall installed.

Could it be an hardware issue with my LAN card ?

I had the exact same problem for a long time. I wont' even talk about how many hours I wasted in my quickpower 360 just trying to logout. (Hit repair and hit logout very quickly...:mad:).

The issue got fixed only after repeated calls to the call center. After about the 7-8th call, they finally agreed that the problem is at their end and some guy went and checked it out. (The guy said something about too many connections - read bittorrent - creating problems at the router.)

Also, I've noticed that the connection drops if there has been a lot of data transfer. Sometimes I wonder if this is their attempt at throttling. Try using a different IP. (if you are using 10.9.7.100, try 10.9.7.101 etc).

whatsinaname said:
I had the exact same problem for a long time. I wont' even talk about how many hours I wasted in my quickpower 360 just trying to logout. (Hit repair and hit logout very quickly...:mad:).

The issue got fixed only after repeated calls to the call center. After about the 7-8th call, they finally agreed that the problem is at their end and some guy went and checked it out. (The guy said something about too many connections - read bittorrent - creating problems at the router.)

Also, I've noticed that the connection drops if there has been a lot of data transfer. Sometimes I wonder if this is their attempt at throttling. Try using a different IP. (if you are using 10.9.7.100, try 10.9.7.101 etc).
Hey dude thanks alot changing the ip worked......connectivity does not drop

Back