Continuously display 'cell info display' in my N79

Pragadheesh

Disciple
Hi,

I would like to know if there is any software to continuously display 'cell info display' or the tower information in my nokia N79 mobile.

Because even after turning the 'Cell info display' ON, i'm getting only junk alerts and not the tower information when i badly need it, like during a train journey.

So is there any software which will always display the tower information.?

Thanks in advance.

What gets displayed is upto the operator. So if the operator wants you to see some offers - that's the only thing I see on my VF - that's what you get to see. Can't pick unfortunately IINM.

^ Exactly.

When I'm on roaming in Mumbai I get cell towers only (not one offer) but back home in Ahmedabad my screen is continuously bombarded with offers....

talk abt advertising - there was an old option where you specify the channel

different channels are used for different info

i used this trick on my motorolas should be similar on nokia phones

they first started with tower info but when they saw the oppourtunity to advertise they went away with the info and kept only the advertisement.

i had earlier used some software which used to give me connection info, try searching that on google or symbian forums. somethink like mobile network details etc ...

Thanks for your responses. well said, now a days they have started advertising in whichever possible means and making money out of it.

I want to know if there is any application which will give me the tower information.

Back