control pc from mobile through wifi

ajayhhh

Disciple
Hey people!!

I'm using tp link wireless n adsl2+ modem router.

Pc is connected thru LAN and samsung galaxy s3 through wifi.

Is there any possibilty that I can control my PC remotely using my mobile n wifi ?

Also, I want to watch video files in my mobile thats on my pc . Please suggest suitable softwares.

Yes u can control
There are apps which let u control the pc and emulate a mouse on the touchscreen

For apple I use airplayit a lot

for file sharing
there's a file explorer named 'X-plore'
save your lan id, username and passworrd.. and buffer any thing from your pc

Unified Remote. The free version should be sufficient. You need to install the app on your phone as well as your PC.

I use Remote Control Collection ...
Can control mouse and keyboard....
Works like a charm!
For file sharing, I use File Manager...
Just need to setup pc lan ip...and all shared drives,folders are accessible..

Teamviewer works fine for me, you can monitor and work on your pc through this app.
It also has ftp to transfer files from pc and vice versa.

For watching video files from pc you need a UPnP player. I always use BubbleUPnP as it works well for me.

If you want to watch movies that are on the PC on your cell, ensure that you have a user account with a password and share all the files you want to watch with everyone (right click --> Share). Then on the cell, use ES File Explorer and goto LAN options, search for your PC/Enter the details and open the file.

Install Gmote server on computer and Gmote client from play store. Files on PC can be played on the mobile and you can browse and play your connection on the PC itself (like a remote control) I think the gmote server uses VLC to do this. The app also doubles as a mouse pad and keyboard also.

Controlling pc by mobile is clear.

One question about accessing files from pc: does data transfer happen from ethernet to wifi directly or will both pc n phone use Internet ???

Back