Conversion plug for 16amp power cable for UPS

Hi friends. I have recently bought a Corsair HX1500i ATX 3.0 PSU and it came with a 16amp power cable. The challenge I am facing is that I don’t have a 16amp port behind my APC PRO 1500 UPS and even the port of the Corsair HX1500i is this weird looking never before seen port.
The power cord that is permanently attached to the APC UPS has a 16amp 3 pin plug which is always plugged into a 16amp wall outlet.
Before I made the switch to the new Corsair HX1500i, previously I was using the Corsair HX850 with a standard 13amp power cord which used to be plugged in to one of the Battery Backup port of my APC UPS.

Now my confusion and doubt is whether it is safe for my components, the UPS and my PC in general if I use a conversion plug as seen in the attached image.
My electrician got me this MX conversion plug (MX-1356 model which converts 5AMP to 15AMP) and told me I can use this plug to connect the 16amp 3 pin power cable that came with the Corsair’s HX1500i and that way I can then connect the power cord behind the APC UPS.
However, I am not too sure or confident if this is the right method or if I am missing something here.
The 16amp power cord of the HX1500i fits in the MX conversion plug perfectly but I don’t want to rush into the suggestion my electrician has given only to later find out that my components are fried.
Please let me know what should I do?

Please see the images.

Attachments

• IMG_0551.jpeg
    IMG_0551.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0550.jpeg
    IMG_0550.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0549.jpeg
    IMG_0549.jpeg
    325.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0548.jpeg
    IMG_0548.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0583.jpeg
    IMG_0583.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0582.jpeg
    IMG_0582.jpeg
    242 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0581.jpeg
    IMG_0581.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 50
As above, it's mostly fine. I just recently bought 16A smart plug from a member here to check my PC's at wall power usage. We have a voltage surge problem here so whenever the voltage goes past 275V on mains the smart plug turns off and doesn't turn back on until it's normal.

So I couldn't plug that on the wall. I decided to plug that on the back of the UPS instead which also stabilizes voltage. I also had to buy a similar conversion plug from local shop. As long as your load is less than 1100W then it should be fine.

In other case if it's anywhere near 80-100% capacity of the PSU then you have a whole other problem of your UPS being not capable to provide enough power to it.

I was using the Corsair HX850 with a standard 13amp power cord which used to be plugged in to one of the Battery Backup port of my APC UPS.
That older 13amp power cord was plugged into the back port of your APC which is only rated for 6A. That meant your PC never required more than 6A in the first place.

Now with that converter in place which is rated for 5A, you will connect your new 16amp power cord to the 6A rated back port of your APC.

The funny thing is that your APC is only rated for maximum 865watt which means it itself can only output 3.6A at 240v AC to all its back port combined.

So go ahead nothing bad will happen.

So you might ask why this high current rated power cables are used, it is for the other regions where they don't have 240v AC its more like 110-120v, so to get the same wattage more current gets passed through the cables there.

To save cost they just ship high power rated cables everywhere.

Hi friends. I have recently bought a Corsair HX1500i ATX 3.0 PSU and it came with a 16amp power cable. The challenge I am facing is that I don’t have a 16amp port behind my APC PRO 1500 UPS and even the port of the Corsair HX1500i is this weird looking never before seen port.
The power cord that is permanently attached to the APC UPS has a 16amp 3 pin plug which is always plugged into a 16amp wall outlet.
Before I made the switch to the new Corsair HX1500i, previously I was using the Corsair HX850 with a standard 13amp power cord which used to be plugged in to one of the Battery Backup port of my APC UPS.

Now my confusion and doubt is whether it is safe for my components, the UPS and my PC in general if I use a conversion plug as seen in the attached image.
My electrician got me this MX conversion plug (MX-1356 model which converts 5AMP to 15AMP) and told me I can use this plug to connect the 16amp 3 pin power cable that came with the Corsair’s HX1500i and that way I can then connect the power cord behind the APC UPS.
However, I am not too sure or confident if this is the right method or if I am missing something here.
The 16amp power cord of the HX1500i fits in the MX conversion plug perfectly but I don’t want to rush into the suggestion my electrician has given only to later find out that my components are fried.
Please let me know what should I do?

Please see the images.
There are better version 16amp converter. get that one. cost the same.

Can you share link of that particular brand for Amazon India
I bought locally and its of good quality. costed me around ₹65 something.

1) https://www.amazon.in/GM-3050-3-Pin...et&qid=1695916829&sprefix=16+a,aps,253&sr=8-3
2) https://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-Mul...et&qid=1695916829&sprefix=16+a,aps,253&sr=8-5
3) https://www.amazon.in/PLASST-PINS-P...et&qid=1695916829&sprefix=16+a,aps,253&sr=8-9

I have 2nd and 3rd one! both work flawless with my MSI 1000W and Corsair RM 1000! no issue at all. amazon pricing is double and more. try to get it locally. even a local brand will do! 2nd one will be my priority always.

and if this is not a solution you want then just get a 16amp custom socket board created which is also way better option. then you have brand choices. you can use it as a extension board. I have one now due to dual setup and its plug is using the 2nd socket to my main board! no sparks and shots !

Back