Converting mp4 to XviD

chip_0

Adept
I have a Philips DVP3166 dvd player which supports playing DivX/XviD files. Now, a few of the movies I have are in MP4 format (codec seems to be mp4v, quicktime format), is there any tool which could convert these to XviD?

I tried using VirtualDub, but it doesn't recognise mp4 files.

try out ..WinAVI converter ive found it to be most simple to use..

but its not free..though u can get it if u look at the right(err wrong) places..he heh ..he ..

Thanks, Super video converter seems to be a great tool, will try it out. I've been trying with the ffmpeg command line tool, but somehow I am unable to preserve the quality of the original source. SVC seems to be a good frontend for it.

I tried using VirtualDub, but it doesn't recognise mp4 files

I would think that either you have the wrong version of virtual dub (there are a few of them) or you may not have the correct codec installed, it would seem to me that virtual dub should handle this just fine. Go to Doom9 they have a lot of conversion utilities there

I am not sure whether AutoGK converts mp4 but whatever it does, it does it nearly flawless. Try converting a DVD to avi & u can see the difference as compared to other converters. And above all, it's free guys.

Virtual dub handles MP4 files just fine...Seems like a code problem ujjwal...

On a side note, been a while since we last saw you arnd...

winAVI converter and do check out 'advanced' options of mp4 menu . audio, video bitrates settings are there amongst others. test various options and see which one comes up the winner!

what matters more is quality of your original source and if its good, converting correctly will do the trick. btw, Xvid/divx is part of mp4 container :p

Back