Cool bug in Word

Eazy

Skilled
This is something pretty cool...and unbelievable...

At Microsoft the whole team, including Bill Gates, couldn't answer why this happened!

It was discovered by a Brazilian. Try it out yourself...

Open Microsoft Word and type

=rand (200,99)

and then press ENTER.. See wat happens...... :)

Its seems the rand function generates this line. The first argument is how many rows u want, and second argument is how many times line will repeat.

e.g. =rand(1,1) will give single sentence.
=rand(10,1) will give 10 rows etc.

edit: This sentence as you might know, contains all the 26 alphabets.

check this out.... ;)

Typing "Q33NY" in the Windows Wingdings font produces pictures of an airplane, two pieces of paper (which, could, I guess, resemble the twin towers of the world trade center), a skull and crossbones, and a star of David. Did you know that a flight number from one of the planes that hit one of the two towers was Q33NY.

you should get as follows :

q33ny.gif

source

Eazy said:
This is something pretty cool...and unbelievable...

At Microsoft the whole team, including Bill Gates, couldn't answer why this happened!

It was discovered by a Brazilian. Try it out yourself...

Open Microsoft Word and type

=rand (200,99)

and then press ENTER.. See wat happens...... :)

These are called easter eggs.... most softwares have ones like these... they are cool things that are added by developers... google easter eggs to find out more... there was a car game in excel 2000...

@Bosky it is a hoax cos Q33NY was NOT the flight number of either of those planes

I don't think this can be called an easter egg cos it is well known and indeed documented by the s/w creator.

It is quite surprising that our own moderator isnt aware of this age old hoax yet. Time for some prunning. :bleh:

Imagine if the Flight no. was actually Q33 NY. :lol:

I heard about this Q33NY story 2 months back. Lol. I was laughing my ass off :D.

Back