i have zotac and palit gtx 460 1gb running in SLI
i have sabertooth x58 mobo which has very less space between pci slots
my gpu's r very close thus causing top gpu to heat
i need aftermarket coolers for both gpu
zotac is reference and palit is non reference
heres a pic

You need something like this for the top card -
Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! USA

You might have trouble fitting it so you run measurements before getting it. The 2nd card doesn't need a non reference cooler as I'm guessing that its getting plenty of air, so put the 'cooler' card down and give the hotter card the Spitfire.

i need coolers for both gpu's as i will want to OC as well...need sli compatible solution

spitfire will make a huge mess as well...i have venomous x installed as well and i think this large sink will interfere :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i just checked out accelero twin turbo pro...in vga list arctic doesnt mention gtx 460 support

whereas in vga partners list it shows one gtx 460 manufacturer using this same cooler for gtx 460???whats this??

First fix the top problem man :lol:. Anyways I think you will have to get a GPU cooler that has the heat-pipes away from the card like the Spitfire, as no other GPU cooler will fit in that small gap between the 2 cards unless you want to reconsider getting a water block + water cooling system.

Also the Spitfire can be installed in reverse position so that it won't block ur Venomous X, but then it might hit your PSU. Problems ... Problems ... Problems ...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

This card -SPARKLE Calibre X460G

Besides what I suggested, no I don't think so. Well I told you on ngf that I think it should come to 8k-10k but I think PM'ing Mav2000 would be better.

ngf ftw :D
i changed my mobo back to intel dx58so
going to return sabertooth :|
gpu temps r great now that theres space between both gpu's

It would besomeone made male-female cables like the PATA cables which could fit into the PCI-x16 slot and could be extended to connect to ur card.Seriously though it is quite feasible technically I think
.Check this out
PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PCI Express External Cabling (also known as External PCI Express or Cabled PCI Express) specifications were released by the PCI-SIG in February 2007.[8][9]

Standard cables and connectors have been defined for ×1, ×4, ×8, and ×16 link widths, with a transfer rate of 250 MB/s per lane. The PCI-SIG also expects the norm will evolve to reach the 500 MB/s as found in PCI Express 2.0. The maximum cable length hasn't been determined yet.

^ Dude they've already been invented and they're called PCIe Risers. But I don't quite know where you get them .....

Back