Graphic Cards Cooler for HD4850?

Mohit

Skilled
I am looking for a cooler for my HD 4850 as summer is approaching. I was thinking of the Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev2. along with the Turbo module for the same.

Just want to know if there are better options and also where can I get hold of the Accelero S1 Rev 2. or other coolers and their approx prices?

One option may be for you to check out RivaTuner. I'm not sure if it is compatible with the 4800 series of gpu's, but I use it for my 3870's and the temps stay way down when i manually set the fans up to 80-100% speed. Check it out. It may save you some cash. Good luck to you. :rofl:

Mohit said:
I am looking for a cooler for my HD 4850 as summer is approaching. I was thinking of the Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev2. along with the Turbo module for the same.

Just want to know if there are better options and also where can I get hold of the Accelero S1 Rev 2. or other coolers and their approx prices?

Accelero s1 rev2 is simply THE BEST
and the Most Compatible. ~Rs. 1650 via KMD or Rs. 1700 in any local stores

My frnd has fitted one on his Sapphire 4850 and fitted along Cooler Master 69CFM fan -->temps fell from 75/95 Idle/Load TO 25/40!

TOTAL VALUE FOR MONEY!!!

IMO, Turbo Module(Rs.640) is good, but a single 120mm Cooler Master 69CFM fan (Rs.350) wud be better...

Rest is ur choice of Looks/Sleekness VS. Performance-Increment

techspot said:
One option may be for you to check out RivaTuner. I'm not sure if it is compatible with the 4800 series of gpu's, but I use it for my 3870's and the temps stay way down when i manually set the fans up to 80-100% speed. Check it out. It may save you some cash. Good luck to you. :rofl:

I wont recommend incresing fan speed more than 45% via RivaTuner, as the default fan on the Graphic Card is Damn Noisy:mad:

Mohit apply MX-2 and mount 120MM fan on HDD bay using zip ties, directing air towards fan, it wont cross 70c even in stress tools.

eg.

webcam4ym8.jpg

Dont waste 1.7k~ , wait for next gen cards GT212 etc.

Mohit said:

Get the Accelero but ditch the turbo module. Get a cheaper 120mm fan like some Amigo, snip the LED wires (looks gay with those :p) and attach the fan using the zip-ties. Way better than fixing the Turbo module.

Oh and do ensure that u get the sinks for the VRM modules meant for the HD4850. :)

Dont think there's another cooler any cheaper than this. :lol:

PS: Long time man. :p

SidhuPunjab said:
Dont waste 1.7k~ , wait for next gen cards GT212 etc.

Lol, Sidhu, not everyone changes cards like clothes. :p

Using the stock cooler with Rockfella's trick, dont assume u can take the clocks higher which could be quite possible using the AC S1. ;)

Mohit said:
I did not understand this :S

When I got a pair of AC S1 back in August from Amarbir, the heat-sinks for the VRMs bundled, wasn't intended for the HD4850.

And I'd to do this mod (which successfully void the warranty):

p6270159vs1.png

Seems like later on, AC did modify the VRM heatsinks so that it fits the VRMs of the HD4850. :)

Mohit said:
@gannu

I did not understand this :S

And ya, long time :)

Been busy mate.

The first batches of the S1 Rev.2 (Like mine / Gannu :p) did not have heatsinks for the VRM area of the 4850. It was included in the next batch (Like Ethan Hunt :p). You just need to ensure that the one you buy isn't the older one without the heatsink.

@Mohit, do try removing the plastic cover of the card, clean the heatsink and tie a 120 / 92mm fan directly and check results. Then take the jump if necessary.

^^Thanks for the help. I just downloaded Catalyst 9.1 and noticed this "Manual fan control" option in it. Right now using the card with the fan at 55% and temps seem to be fine. But still planning to get the cooler before summer.

He can do that with ATI CCC also but still load temps with fan at 100% reach 90+ degrees as the stock cooler is so poorly designed that it attracts dust and clogs the vents pretty fast.. say 15-20 days or so.......

techspot said:

Accelero is no longer available with KMD, from Amarbir its almost 2K without the turbo module. Dont know whether its worthy or not. I got a cheap VGA cooler for Rs. 400 (Second hand though)

sato1986 said:

Accelero s1 rev2 is simply THE BEST
and the Most Compatible. ~Rs. 1650 via KMD or Rs. 1700 in any local stores

My frnd has fitted one on his Sapphire 4850 and fitted along Cooler Master 69CFM fan -->temps fell from 75/95 Idle/Load TO 25/40!

TOTAL VALUE FOR MONEY!!!

IMO, Turbo Module(Rs.640) is good, but a single 120mm Cooler Master 69CFM fan (Rs.350) wud be better...

Rest is ur choice of Looks/Sleekness VS. Performance-Increment

I wont recommend incresing fan speed more than 45% via RivaTuner, as the default fan on the Graphic Card is Damn Noisy:mad:

Yup, this VGA cooler is avl for around Rs. 500 from dealxtereme, extreme VFM truly!

madnav said:

Yaar that fan control is in 8.12 also. :cool2:

Mohit said:
^^Thanks for the help. I just downloaded Catalyst 9.1 and noticed this "Manual fan control" option in it. Right now using the card with the fan at 55% and temps seem to be fine. But still planning to get the cooler before summer.

Freaky said:
The first batches of the S1 Rev.2 (Like mine / Gannu :p) did not have heatsinks for the VRM area of the 4850. It was included in the next batch (Like Ethan Hunt :p). You just need to ensure that the one you buy isn't the older one without the heatsink.

Trust me Freaks, those additional VRM sinks that AC provides are complete POS. They aren't properly sized to fit those VRM's on the 4850. I tried & tried to fit them in every possible way but they wouldn't balance themselves & would fall off. Finally got rid of those & am running the card without an VRM sinks now. Working fine till now, so hope for the best. :)

^Not sure but u do need sinks for the VRM. Get some cheapo stuff and stick them.

I thought one of my 4850s conked off cos of no thermal tape b/w the VRM sink and the VRMs. This's strange since u've been running without any so far. :S

The problem is I don't exactly know where to get those VRM's, more so which ones in specific. I have been running the card without them for like 3 months now. The temps never cross 50 degrees, EVER. But since there is no software to monitor VRM temps, I guess that leaves me with no choice but to carry on.

Back