CPU/Mobo cooler master gemini II

Is it a copper fins cooler, as copper is much heavier then aluminium. In any case since you have bought improvise and attach a string supporting upwards

give low_bass_makker a buzz i think hes the only other one on the forum using this

Hey theres nothing to worry about, I was also apprehensive about this huge HSF at first, but really the installation was a breeze. In fact you do not even need to install it on the mobo An easier method is that you just keep HSF in inverted position on the desk and just install the mobo on it and then install it back into the case. Infact the mobo installation also becomes a lot easier with the GeminII on it because you can just support the entire mobo by just holding this HSF. Believe me thats how I did it. :p

The only problematic thing is that if you wanna upgrade the RAM, its difficult to do it with this HSF covering the DIMM slots. But still I have managed to install RAM without having had to remove the HSF.

If you are worried about the weight, then just use cable ties/rope to tie it to the top of the case somewhere. In fact as far as stress on the mobo is concerned, it seems to be far better than Ultra 120 in that aspect. Unlike U120, the weight is evenly distributed and due to its design, even attaching heavy fans will not increase stress on the mobo. Just add some extra support as I indicated if helps you ease your mind.

I am using this HSF with 2 x 120mm x 38mm Panaflo Ultra Hi-Speed fans each rated for 2700 RPM and 115 CFM Airflow.

Back