Budget 71-90K Cooler Master NR200

sanjeevram

Up! Up! Up!
Adept
Has anyone built a system around the CM NR200 case - non tempered glass. Or does anyone have any other better options.
Onroad to build Mini-ITX, want the users suggestions and reviews on this particular model.

The one i want to make would be on the move continously and will house a Antec EAG 650 Gold SMPS (Modular) and a Nvidia RTX 4000,
Looking to go AMD with the R7 3800x. Motherboard Suggestions too.
Want a motherboard with 2 *m.2 Slots both should support Pcie x3 atleast, Have googled a lot could not arrive at a conclusion.

Yup.. I made system around nr200.
Nr200 supports ATX psu but then the case will become cumbersome to work with.
For 2*m.2 go for b550i strix

Hi there,
Just for clarification you have a QUADRO RTX 4000 correct?

Either way, NR200 can house a mini ITX motherboard pretty easily check if you can get the AORUS X570I or B550I for cheap normally the X570I retails for around 21000 and B550 for around 15000
for cheaper boards you have ASROCK B550 ITX or AORUS B450I

The PSU mount will be tricky, if you can get your hands on a SFX power supply that would be great, notably the options available in the market currently are - Coolermaster SFX powersupply (they have fan load issue so a revised version should hit india by august or september) which has a 10 year warranty but has normal cables, Corsair SFX PSU which are platinum rated and have a braided cables which in turn also help in cable management and lastly silverstone but they have a 3 year warranty and not many have used this PSU. If you cant get a PSU mount, coolermaster does provide the files for a PSU bracket, Ive only heard from one user who 3D printed the bracket from an external source - caddman for Rs. 1500, but even if this is not and option use ziptie cable to hold the psu in the case.

I can see you have not mentioned ram, the best ram for any ITX case is the Corsair vengence lpx series, or teamgroup r delta rgb, I dont know what workloads you normally work on, so cant mention how much you would actually need.

The cooler if the stock one is sufficient for you stick with that, if not the options available are noctua u9s, cooler master hyper 212 black edition, scythe mugen 5 (not available in india), scythe fuma 2 (not available in india), noctua u12a (this is the best one), try not to get for an AIO as the top mounting of the radiator cannot happen in this case and side mounting or even bottom mounting a radiator can cause alot of pressure on the pump.

cooler master V850 sfx is available for 14k. Can't get anything better than this. For cooler master they have v650, v750 and all are gold rated fully modular.
Pics is kinda tough as first no cable management secondly, the whole system set up is kinda tricky for me.

Gb b550i has one of the best Ben and good price too. But I seen youtubers(optimum tech) who say building in b550i strix is much easy and comfortable.

as you can see the power requirement is not that great, so thinking of using my Antec 650 watts for this system, and then buy a corsair rm850 for my main system.
Where do you stay, would like to see it firsthand i wanted to be hundred percent sure before i start building.

Share the pics via PM and your system configuration too.
How much did you buy the case for, its around 7.5k . but remember seeing it for around 5k somewhere.

Has anyone built a system around the CM NR200 case - non tempered glass. Or does anyone have any other better options.
Onroad to build Mini-ITX, want the users suggestions and reviews on this particular model.

The one i want to make would be on the move continously and will house a Antec EAG 650 Gold SMPS (Modular) and a Nvidia RTX 4000,
Looking to go AMD with the R7 3800x. Motherboard Suggestions too.
Want a motherboard with 2 *m.2 Slots both should support Pcie x3 atleast, Have googled a lot could not arrive at a conclusion.
Hey there, just recently completed a build in the NR 200, I think its the best ITX case to build in with high performance components and thermals. If you want something smaller, you will have to shell out more or sacrifice GPU. But the case has been really good, I had a problem with cable management, more due to the Corsair SFX 600 24pin being extremely taut (issue only if you are using a FE Ampere card, which has the fan on the rear and cables get in the way) but the case is really well designed and love the flexibility and tool less design.

For motherboard, if you dont need PCI gen 4 and want to save, you can go with Gigabyte B450I for about 14k https://amzn.to/3gndsLK
you will save about 6-7k over B550 mobos like the MSI B550i for about 21 and Asus for about 27 - https://amzn.to/3zih9uK

Yes, definitely go with 2 M.2 slots, saves you 4 cables and that is a big boon in these smaller cases. Let me know if you have questions.

Yup.. I made system around nr200.
Nr200 supports ATX psu but then the case will become cumbersome to work with.
For 2*m.2 go for b550i strix
The NR200 doesnt support ATX PSUs, only SFX and SFX-L

I am also planning for a new system.
NR200 / NR200p doesn't support ATX clearly mentioned at official website specs, there's a bracket available separately to mount ATX.
@r4hul are you using ATX PSU ? how can you be so sure.

Yes this youtubers(optimum tech) is feeding a sponsored content, praising the cooler master and unnecessarily criticizing others.
Other good option I'm considering is Silverstone SUGO14 or may be a premium aluminum version SUGO15. A comparison video which is absolutely biased is done by this guy youtubers(optimum tech).
NR200 is certainly a good choice and hot favorite among users for a new build but SUGO 14 isn't bad either when it's about compatibility of various components including ATX PSU.
some reviews on Amazon US suggests SUGO14 supports ATX upto 165mm length though its official specs says it's 150mm. that's where I'm too confused a bit as I am looking to fit RM850 which is a 160mm long PSU.
There are 2 models NR200 and NR200P, Just FYI Nr200 is priced at 5100 - 5500Rs. and it's not a Tempered Glass version.
Other model NR200P comes with both Mesh and glass panel included , selling online for 7500 approx.

Look for Silverstone SUGO14 too for your consideration. Selling for approx. 7K

For motherboard, if you dont need PCI gen 4 and want to save, you can go with Gigabyte B450I for about 14k https://amzn.to/3gndsLK
you will save about 6-7k over B550 mobos like the MSI B550i for about 21 and Asus for about 27 - https://amzn.to/3zih9uK

Yes, definitely go with 2 M.2 slots, saves you 4 cables and that is a big boon in these smaller cases. Let me know if you have questions.
I completely agree with Jasku
If you're only using PCIE 3 Gigabyte Aorus B450i is the best option selling for Rs12-13k (check Pcstudio.in)
only problem I guess is it has just 1 x m.2 Slot.
Your selected processor supports B550 chipset then why bother with PCIE 3,
As suggested by R4hul Strix B550i is an excellent choice and I too finalized it for my needs.
I think Strix 550i is good choice and you can always upgrade your M.2 SSD's to some new M.2 SSD's pcie 4.0.

I am also planning for a new system.
NR200 / NR200p doesn't support ATX clearly mentioned at official website specs, there's a bracket available separately to mount ATX.
@r4hul are you using ATX PSU ? how can you be so sure.

Yes this youtubers(optimum tech) is feeding a sponsored content, praising the cooler master and unnecessarily criticizing others.
Other good option I'm considering is Silverstone SUGO14 or may be a premium aluminum version SUGO15. A comparison video which is absolutely biased is done by this guy youtubers(optimum tech).
NR200 is certainly a good choice and hot favorite among users for a new build but SUGO 14 isn't bad either when it's about compatibility of various components including ATX PSU.
some reviews on Amazon US suggests SUGO14 supports ATX upto 165mm length though its official specs says it's 150mm. that's where I'm too confused a bit as I am looking to fit RM850 which is a 160mm long PSU.
There are 2 models NR200 and NR200P, Just FYI Nr200 is priced at 5100 - 5500Rs. and it's not a Tempered Glass version.
Other model NR200P comes with both Mesh and glass panel included , selling online for 7500 approx.

Look for Silverstone SUGO14 too for your consideration. Selling for approx. 7K

I completely agree with Jasku
If you're only using PCIE 3 Gigabyte Aorus B450i is the best option selling for Rs12-13k (check Pcstudio.in)
only problem I guess is it has just 1 x m.2 Slot.
Your selected processor supports B550 chipset then why bother with PCIE 3,
As suggested by R4hul Strix B550i is an excellent choice and I too finalized it for my needs.
I think Strix 550i is good choice and you can always upgrade your M.2 SSD's to some new M.2 SSD's pcie 4.0.
I’m using an ATX psu with a bracket. Kinda jank but hey it works. Can send you pics.

Th components which are fixed are
Amd Ryzen 7 3800x
2*8 GB DDR4 Ram sticks
Mobo still to be decided ( The gigabyte B450i does present a strong case)
Rtx 4000 or P2200
1 m.2 SSD on the backside of mobo perhaps (Most probably a 970evo plus 512GB)
1*m.2 Capture card on the front of mobo (Pcie Rev 2.0) https://www.magewell.com/products/eco-capture-dual-hdmi-m2
1*250/500 gb ssd for OS and softwares

Like the nr200 asthetics, Dont want to be splurging on the smps i think a 550/650 watt should be sufficient. Shouldnt cross 10k Though
going to look at the sugo 14 review by kitguru tech afterwards. Which one is the bigger one of the two ?

It supports ATX Psu's, you can download ATX psu bracket files from cooler master website and 3d print them. Or you can use velcro tape. And last week only cooler master has started selling ATX psu bracket for nr200.

@Nitendra Singh at first I was using ATX psu by 3d printing the bracket which cooler master provides for nr200. Before that bracket, I was using velcro tape. But ATX psu takes too much space so bought sfx psu.
BTW cooler master has started selling ATX psu bracket for nr200.

Th components which are fixed are
Amd Ryzen 7 3800x
2*8 GB DDR4 Ram sticks
Mobo still to be decided ( The gigabyte B450i does present a strong case)
Will Gigabyte B450i vrm take 3800x as it has only 4+2 phase
Also it does not have a second m.2 slot it seems
Rtx 4000 or P2200
1 m.2 SSD on the backside of mobo perhaps (Most probably a 970evo plus 512GB)
1*m.2 Capture card on the front of mobo (Pcie Rev 2.0) https://www.magewell.com/products/eco-capture-dual-hdmi-m2
1*250/500 gb ssd for OS and softwares

Like the nr200 asthetics, Dont want to be splurging on the smps i think a 550/650 watt should be sufficient. Shouldnt cross 10k Though
going to look at the sugo 14 review by kitguru tech afterwards. Which one is the bigger one of the two ?
@sanjeevram if you are going for b450, then msi b450i is one of the best. I'm using it and it handles overclock pretty well as it has one of the best vrm in b450i motherboards and I'm using 3900x.
Even this does not seem to have a second m.2 slot.

Last edited:
Please don't neglect PSU it's a vital component (atleast for me), If you've 10k budget just buy Corsair RM650 Gold. If planning for some future upgrades add 2k more and grab a RM750.
don't buy anything below 650W

Please don't neglect PSU it's a vital component (atleast for me), If you've 10k budget just buy Corsair RM650 Gold. If planning for some future upgrades add 2k more and grab a RM750.
don't buy anything below 650W
I second this. Once the 2nd revision of cm v850 sfx comes. I'll buy that.

Last edited:
I’m using an ATX psu with a bracket. Kinda jank but hey it works. Can send you pics.
Thanks, pics not needed. For how much price you purchased the bracket ? , some insight on the availability too.

I second this. Once the 2nd revision of cm v850 sfx comes. I'll buy that.
That's a good SFX PSU. Prices for the Corsair SFx are soaring high.
I may not prefer to buy SFX just because NR200 or any other cabinet supports only SFX.
I'll settle with some other cabinet like Sugo15 or something else and gladly buy a Corsair RM850 or Corsair RM850x 2021 version, still not available in India.
When it's about PSU, for me the top 2 brands are Corsair and Seasonic.

@Nitendra Singh I bought sfx as I'll go more smaller in Sff. Right now I'm looking to buy hzmod xq69 or ghost S1 clone.
Good to know you've got an SFX, when you're going for such a small build certainly there's no option for an ATX.
don't know much about these small cabinets but 1st impressions suggest ghost S1, cute looking like a small UPS.

Back