PC Peripherals Coolermaster 600w failure?

yadusaiyan

Disciple
Few days ago my HDD stopped showed disk error And by just removing and plugging the sata cable in the same port solved the problem

Also while playing games my pc overheated and automatically shutdown was initiated

Now while browsing my temp went 62c for cpu,59c for mb,73 graphic card

when i touched my system from outside from it was way too hot in my 1 and half year of using this system.also my psu was hot enough so that one could not touch it for more than 5 sec.

after open the system and keeping under fan the cpu and system temp came to normal but my psu is still hot but not the same with cabinets window closed . Also i saw than fan pushing air downward run and for one sec losses its speed for one sec i could see all fin for 1 sec and then again constant speed .Also the hdd problem occurred for the 3rd time.

I cant game by closing the cabinet windows or else it overheat the system also my HDD stopped responding while playing splinter cell i have to open and keep it under the fan

This is the problem of psu ??

my system is not overclocked and i am using this system for 1 and half year

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

anyone reply

If you could please give your full system configuration. What are the CPU temperatures under load and stress. If the PSU fan is stopping and then spinning up, highly probable the unit is failing/failed. What are the HDD temperatures.

q6600 ,p45 platinum, 2 hdd, 9800gt

after half hour by just surfing CPU>60,chipset>58,graphic>68 and HDD>50(primary)

Currently for gaming and also surfing i remove the cover and keep it under ceiling fan

so after CPU>40,chipset>42,graphic>57,hdd>41(after opening cabinet and keeping under fan)

Also @asingh can u give me the link of the beta bios u have there for ur mobo

Your temperatures are fine. The PSU is failing. Change it.

Link to MSI P45 Platinum Beta Bios v1.7.

Use this method to Flash the BIOS. It will automatically prepare a USB stick for boot load and flash the BIOS. The utility is good.

Alternatively you can place the new BIOS on a normal USB, go to the BIOS, and use the 'M-Flash' option. But what ever you do, do not flash from Windows. Read the change-log carefully.

I had the same issue, but mine was the motherboard, do go and purchase anything just by what these guys here say (they said the same thing to me too). Test it with different things and see if you can narrow it down.

@asingh thanks for the input and the link

@aasimenator did ur motherboard and all component(HDD,graphic card,cpu) overheates ??

Yes i had problems of HDD not detecting few months ago.but it was resolved after rma(rma was not related to "not detection of hdd" but due to my cpu showing less speed 2 mnts ago).

also in 2 weeks i had the same detection problem 3 times but two times it was due to HDD overheating the computer freeze up so upon restarting failed to detect as my hdd's temp >50 and one time just after starting from fresh it failed to detect.

ur problem was of solely of hdd not detecting right.I think my problem is 1st mainly overheating then most probably hdd not detecting due to overheating

no there were no heat issues, the system temps were normal. My issue was that sometimes the HDD won't get detected or would give all sorts of NTFS & page file errors, check your event logs for this too (it will be under System). and i would also like to add that 50 degree C would also be considered normal operating temp for hdd's, Range is from (35-50) if it goes over 60 then there's a problem but in now way i'd say that if the hdd temp is at 50 its overheating.

Check if you are getting the relative volts in Bios 3v, 5v and 12v.

I have a spare Intel MSI board if you want i'll give that to you for testing if you are in Mumbai. no onboard display so you'll have to connect everything from you system. Let me know where you stay

@ aasimenator I live in Mumbai.Thanks for the input and willingness to give ur mobo for testing i will test it with my friends mobo but cant right now cause i have TE exam till 17 june.

@asingh u were saying about ur mobo pushing the core v so how much i should keep my cpu vcore

This my ideal temp and volt while AFTER OPENING CABINET AND KEEPING UNDER FAN

This are the temp for( specifically cpu only) i am this getting this temp after the motherboard rma(2 months back) I am stressing on cpu not on other components

This are the temp after running small fft with 4 worker for 3 minutes AFTER OPENING CABINET AND KEEPING UNDER FAN

i am running on stock cooler is this the normal temp or i should look at TMPIN0 and not individual core I think this increase in temp is after rma or any sensor of mobo is gone

ANY suggestions on tweak the volt or should i buy a CPU cooler

^^

Thanks for these. I would suggest the following, so we have more clarity.

1. Remove MSI Core Center. It does more harm than good. I tried to use it also, and it made all my settings haywire.

2. Reset the BIOS.

3. Download RealTEMP, and run a full sensor test. Post the screenshot where the % Load for each level is shown vs. the temperature achieved. It will ask for Prime95 (download that too).

Post seeing this we can move further.

While working on pc for half an hour my pc stopped responging then i opned the cabinet and saw that fan of the psu frequently stopped and again started spinning again also the it stopped for almost 1-2 seconds and then again spins

i will check my system with other psu also i think it definetly need rma cause my friends psu fan stopped spinning.For few days he use to give a push and the fan use to start after some days it stopped working all together and till that time he was experiencing overheating issues and after rma his overheating issues went away he had an vip psu.Thats why i said that my overheating issues must be due to psu. Right now i have stopped using my pc only if urgent work arises i use it i will rma my psu as it it is faulty. i will go for the rma on 14 .i will do as ASINGH has told me to do that is remove MSI core center and rest and again check if anything happens and then update

just a suggestion! and this may sound stupid, have you tried changing the power cable to which the PSU is connected with?

You temps with opened cabinets are fine but they are not meant to be kept open. I think 80C is too high for this processor.

Also your +12V is only 7V so that is a problem.

yadusaiyan said:
While working on pc for half an hour my pc stopped responging then i opned the cabinet and saw that fan of the psu frequently stopped and again started spinning again also the it stopped for almost 1-2 seconds and then again spins

i will check my system with other psu also i think it definetly need rma cause my friends psu fan stopped spinning.For few days he use to give a push and the fan use to start after some days it stopped working all together and till that time he was experiencing overheating issues and after rma his overheating issues went away he had an vip psu.Thats why i said that my overheating issues must be due to psu. Right now i have stopped using my pc only if urgent work arises i use it i will rma my psu as it it is faulty. i will go for the rma on 14 .i will do as ASINGH has told me to do that is remove MSI core center and rest and again check if anything happens and then update

Once you get the new PSU and things are running fine. Uninstall the MSI Core center, reset the BIOS and check temperatures. Also once stable -- try to find the minimal vCore for your CPU. High probability that your board is pushing more juice into the chip then needed.

Back