PC Peripherals CoolerMaster Elite 335 vs Zebronics Bijli

Bijli is good for its price, but the Elite 335 is almost 1k bucks expensive.

Get bijli and add that 1k for the PSU budget.

I wud say zebby antibiotic without the 400w PSu wud be the best for that price. Without the PSU, its for 1.7k. It has one 120mm rear and front fan slots. An 80mm blow hole with button on top and looks neat. Acrylic side panel with one 80mm fan. Comes bundled with low noise 3x 80mm fans. You can replace the front and rear with good 120mm fans.

Bijli w/o PSU costs 1.25k

If you need money for other components, then you can opt for Bijlee but I'll tell you, the build quality of CM Elite is way better than the Bijlee. I have just bought Elite 334 (335 wasn't available) and its a tremendous boost over my previous Zebronics Lava.

Even I was contemplating about buying Bijlee. But the build quality, No rear 120mm (Bijlee has only 80mm exhaust) made me think otherwise.

Agree its a grand dearer but then it will last much longer as well. I got one for 2300 bucks.

CM anyday. They have a nice filter across the "Full of Holes Bezel". Good quality fitting parts. You you get a decent airflow. And they are using the front audio header that can recognise when you plug in a headphone etc. Available for 1.9K from SMC in Nehru Place.

CM:

+Excellent build quality reduces any vibrations from fans/hdds

+rolled off edges prevent scrathed/bleeding hands/fingers

+Full siZe air filer in front

+great fan support

+tool-free

+looks

+1 yr warranty for those USB,audio,etc connectors and fans

+accurate standard specification compliant for mobos, hdds, psu, etc

+best in class cable-mgmt

-none

piyush7243 said:
CM is much better than Bijli anyday. I saw Bijli today and the Material disnt impress me at all. Go for CM

+1, and add depends on your cabby budget
new bijli aint good as the older one, plus no 120mm rear slot

but for someone just assembling once and not worry abt airflow/temp details, its real VFM

WingZero said:
ohh crap and did they slack on the material too or is it same??.and any other differences/?

I have read in the various other posts, the newer ones have a thinner material which crumbles even with a small force.

You must be lucky for got something from the earlier, sturdier generations.

I fumbled with the same question for quite some long : Bijlee or Elite. Finally gave in to the Elite. Trust me, I am more than happy, even after paying a littler more than the actual price.

sushantV said:
I have read in the various other posts, the newer ones have a thinner material which crumbles even with a small force.

You must be lucky for got something from the earlier, sturdier generations.

I fumbled with the same question for quite some long : Bijlee or Elite. Finally gave in to the Elite. Trust me, I am more than happy, even after paying a littler more than the actual price.

Glad i got mine for 1k:)

I got Elite for 1.45k last yr. :p was priced @ 2.2k~ 1-2 months ago, back to 1.8k this is news to me.

Edit : Sushant got one for 2300 bucks :S

@ OP - Buy Bijli or Antec 300 3.4k~ (Elite + 3 decent fans will cost 3.5k~ also), better layout.

Elite series cases were 1.6-1.7K without psu at the time of launch in Mumbai.

Demand saw prices being hiked to 2.2K, almost soon- a very bad habit of Mumbai dealers/distros.

We seriously need cheaper caes with 120mm exhaust for low-price builds, with Bijli becoming just another cheapo case now.

The available ones with 1-2 80/92mm fans are too suffocating for most new builds, especially those running a discrete gpu. :(

Most of them lack proper front fan mounts and the HDDs suffer too as a result. :(

WingZero said:
^^i have bijli and it has 120mm rear exhaust:|..

Bijli basically vfm cabbie, decent airflow, 2 x 80mm fans bundled + 120mm Front blue led intake. 430mm depth and height..and 180mm width

sushantV said:
no more in the newer ones :p

Update yourself wingy.

We are sorry to nixy for suggesting Bijli as the 92mm exhaust downgrade just about happened before he picked up his and not many or maybe no one knew.

Imho he shouldn't have bought it if he saw no 120mm rear at the store and opted for the Elite 330/331/... if he had a bit more to spare.

But maybe he saw it after he got it home expecting a 120mm rear exhaust.

Thanks to him for updating us and obliging with pics requested for. :)

http://www.techenclave.com/1106490-post1366.html

As an even more sad consequence, the Bijli may no longer be 8" wide as before.

Fitting a TRUE in it seems a bit dicey now.

It all started with Rio sir recommending this cabby to all when he wanted to assemble a C2D rig and fit a 8800GTS into a cheap cabby.

1K w/o psu then, flimsier than Elite but very manageable, 8-10 builds later i had not seen a cabby look and function so good for so less then. :)

The Zebronics Bijli story (in chronological order) -

Sep '07 - One of the first or mostly the first Bijli on TE after few weeks/months of use>

(see image- thinner metal than CM elite but strong enough to get a 120mm blowhole at the top)

http://www.techenclave.com/659564-post13.html

Nov '07 - one of the first in Mumbai (i had bought quite a few for 1K(some more for 1.1K) w/o psu for friends, 1400/- with Zebronics 400)>

http://www.techenclave.com/707545-post1.html

Oct '08 > first-hand inspection and report on poor quality of newer stocks after comparison to initial ones, still with 120mm but very flimsy now >

http://www.techenclave.com/934451-post664.html

And i think quality of new stocks is a bit lower than earlier ones.

Paints chips/cracks easily and the sheet metal is significantly thinner now- wasn't too strong earlier any ways.

What set me wondering on this was when the paint on the top of the latest bought Bijli cracked at the corner and the front fan grill is too flimsy and the fan blades were grinding against it.

(edit: top surface near front LHS corner warped a bit with some elbow weight due to some carelessness while assembling)

Never had this issue with older Bijlis iirc.

Apr '09 > no 120mm at rear, only 92mm, maybe not as wiide as before and suspect quality>

http://www.techenclave.com/1106490-post1366.html

Back