PC Peripherals Coolermaster V8 or Zalman 9900?

shroff87

Disciple
I want to buy a new cooler for my cpu. Which of the two would be a better choice - the v8 (not available in Dubai) or the 9900? Any other recommendations? What is the price of the V8 in Mumbai? I've a quote of Dhs. 375 ( Rs. 5025) for the 9900.

My config:
core i7 920
radeon hd4870
600w PSU
asus p6t deluxe
silverstone kl-03bw case

I'll be leaving Dubai for Mumbai in a week .. help me guys!! :eek:hyeah:

2 other recommendations :)

1 ) Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme - Approx 3.4K

2 ) Promilatech Meghalem - Approx 3.4 K

these are doing their job really really well with the core i7..

Also the V8 is 5.5 k in mumbai and zalman is totally unavailable.

cheers sir :)

toolius said:
2 other recommendations :)

1 ) Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme - Approx 3.4K

2 ) Promilatech Meghalem - Approx 3.4 K

these are doing their job really really well with the core i7..

Also the V8 is 5.5 k in mumbai and zalman is totally unavailable.

cheers sir :)

Thanks for your reply! You're from Bombay too .. where can I get the TRUE and V8?

OT - @ your sig ... you've got an amazing rig! :hap2:

Keep the replies coming guys! :)

Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is for 2.8k

Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme BLACK is for 3.4k

you can find these in many shops, also you can get from dealers registered on TE.

Prolimatech Megahalems ~3.3k ..........(i think it's available at Lynx-india(Chandigarh) only)

don't go for CM V8 for the price it's very expensive. Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is better than CM V8 and is much cheaper.

Newest Cooler Review: Cooler Master V8 (page 7) - X-bit labs

TRUE even performs better than Cooler Master V10, which is priced very highly.

Zalman coolers are not available India.

In Mumbai you can get TRUE from PrimeABGB & Theitwares (both on Lamington road).

Thanks for your reply Sudarshan.

Price-wise, I guess the TRUE will be a great choice.

Will this fan be good with the TRUE?

Coolermaster 90 CFM Blue LED Silent

It's the blue LED CM silent fan.

Will the cooler be too heavy in this setup? 750+116gms? I don't want my motherboard to be damaged as I will be taking the system back with me to Dubai next year.

Thanks for your input guys ... I'll buy the TRUE when I go to India. BTW is the CM fan I mentioned earlier good enough for the TRUE?

if u are investing 5k, u can go for a water cooling solution. V8 is expensive for its price. CCF for 2.oddk is the best bet. Visit frostytech.com for reviews.

shroff87 said:
Thanks for your input guys ... I'll buy the TRUE when I go to India. BTW is the CM fan I mentioned earlier good enough for the TRUE?

go for IT.
CM FAN would be Fine for TRUE.
If don't bother looks(Bling Bling), better get DELTA high CFM FAN @11CFM costing 500Bucks

By the you arrive here, Scythe Mugen 2 might come to Lynx-india i.e Amarbir. predicted price is ~2.2k.It's not BEST VFM, but a one of the BEST cooler out there.(It also comes with Scythe Slipstream 74 CFm FAN:) )
I will also get Scythe Mugen 2:clap:

some reviews:
Thermolab BARAM betters TRUE
Air Flow: ThermoLab BARAM CPU Cooler Review (page 7) - X-bit labs

Scythe Mugen 2 better Thermolab BARAM
"Infinity Number Two": Scythe Mugen 2 Cooler Review (page 8) - X-bit labs

Gowt1ham said:
if u are investing 5k, u can go for a water cooling solution. V8 is expensive for its price. CCF for 2.oddk is the best bet. Visit frostytech.com for reviews.

If you nare talking of Sunbeamtech Core Conatct Freerzer then SCCF 120mm is priced at 2.6K.........not a VFM.
also SCCF does not perform better than TRUE.

^Some TRU120E/TRU120E Black heatsinks does not ensure a tight fit using the supplied spring-loaded screws, retention bracket and backplate (more so when the heatsink's lapped!), thus having a tendency to rotate.

Washer Mod: Keep a small washer (2mm thk) on top of the heatsink base and then place the bolt-thru retention bracket and screw the heatsink to the motherboard. This should eliminate the rotation of the heatsink.

EDIT: Check out some pics here: *pics* TRUE washer mod thingy - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Gannu said:
^Some TRU120E/TRU120E Black heatsinks does not ensure a tight fit using the supplied spring-loaded screws, retention bracket and backplate (more so when the heatsink's lapped!), thus having a tendency to rotate.

Washer Mod: Keep a small washer (2mm thk) on top of the heatsink base and then place the bolt-thru retention bracket and screw the heatsink to the motherboard. This should eliminate the rotation of the heatsink.

EDIT: Check out some pics here: *pics* TRUE washer mod thingy - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Let's see - first I'll have to buy a separate fan, the LGA 1366 bracket kit, potentially lap it & now this! :p

Does the TRUE involve so much effort?? Lolz this almost makes me want to just buy the V8! :S

SCCF cant beat similar priced Vendetta 2, acc. to reviews.
madshrimpsbe33035139636.png

Adrienspawn OC.net has compared V2 against TRUe, TRUe beats it by 3-4c when lapped.

Gowt1ham said:
SCCF for 2.6ko dd is the best bet. Visit frostytech.com for reviews.

@OP

You can also consider Cooler Master's N520 cooler available for 5.8k at PrimeABGB.

It has dual fans on the heatsink.. (1x for inlet and 1x on the opposite side for outlet)

the coolermaster v8 is a great cooler. just cause its costly in india doesnt make it bad. if u hv the cash , go for the V8. (as its a gud cooler and easy to install). CCf is also nice and at reasonable price too!!. rest its ur choice. the V* is a popular choice for I7 procys in USA.

it has to be gud , isnt it?

There's something strange about the results of the V8 in that review. A guy on another forum for middle east gamers has a similar setup to mine .. i7 920, 6gb ram, same silverstone case etc. is getting 22C idle and 40C load on average. CPU was oc'ed to 3.8ghz. His setup is gtx 260 SLI, antec tri cooler fans, CM v8.

The OCZ Vendetta 2 is giving good performance according to the review that's why I'm curious. In Dubai Vendetta 1 is available, not 2. :(

Get TRUE ..........it's not that hassles you are think of.
don't get CM V8 .........it's too costly.
If u are CM fanboi alternatively get CM N620 which is priced ~3K.

you want option eh?
SCCF 120mm 2.6k
OCZ VEDDENTA 2 @2.5K
Prolimatech Meghalem @3.3k
Artic FREEZER 2

And by the time you will arrive INDIA, Scythe Mugen 2 will be coming & will be priced around ~2.15k.
Finally it's your descision. If you have the money & love CM V8 then anythig, then get it. What we can do is suggest you. You have to take descision yourself seeing Reviews & Suggestions.

Cheers.

Back