cordless phone required

mohit1981

Disciple
Hi,

I need cordless phone with caller id within the price range of Rs. 2.5k. I have read that DECT 6.0 phone are better than 2.4 GHZ or 5.6 GHZ phone in aspect of voice clarity, coverage etc. What is your opinion?

Will DECT 6.0 phone work in India? :huh:

Can someone please recommend me the good cordless phone. I need it urgently for my parents.

Thanks....

I am not aware of dect phones but I bought panasonic 5.6 ghz for my home landline & it has been used by my parents & is working perfectly fine for one & half years.

They are happy with voice quality & range...

buy a phone that use AA or AAA size batteries,the regular model specific batteries have low charge/discharge cycles & are more expensive.

If you have an Airtel connection, then you can get it for about 2k from them. The warranty will be for the duration you have the connection and it will be a beetel or panasonic model.

@HailStonE's : I checked with some of the sellers of ebay ( bombaybazar2009 & hyperciti) . As per them 7301 "they" have is not a dect 6.0. I mailed to other sellers, but so far have not got their reply. I agree with you it is DECT 6.0 because when I checked for this model on internet it says it is 6.0. But these sellers are not ready to agree on it. Wonder if 7301 has different variants!!!!

In one of your reply in other thread, you mentioned that we will need id converter for DECT 6.0, to display caller id information on phone. Ebay search only return one result, and price of that converter is Rs. 1000 +shipping. I hope this converter is readily available at local store ( my concern here is that panasonic distributors who are not even aware of what dect 6.0 is, would not be knowing about this converter also)
@Praks: were you able to find some models as per the need & budget?

@mehrotra.akash : I have MTNL connection & they do not provide cordless phone :(

@ adder : Thanks for your suggestion. Which model did you get for airtel?

well one also need to be care full to get a original panasonic adaptor,many times in the grey market i have seen fake adaptors being bundled,which can be spotted easily,if one is supplied with a fake adaptor then the cordless phone is mostly a US model,which would have had a 110v adaptor originaly,secondly it won't show the caller id information and one needs a conversion plug typicaly called "fintel"(name of the make) by most grey market dealers costs 300 to 400.

so its better to buy locally ,check them phyically before buying to make sure it isn't a USA model,also make sure that the box is color full with the picture of the product,if it isn't its mostly a refurbished piece.
there are many models which run on aa or aaa ,in that link when u click on the product specs one can see the battery type used,note down the model that fits ur budget.this was exactly what i did when i bought my 5.8ghz 2 line phone.

@mohit1981

Airtel was giving Panasonic KXTG 3611 for just 800 Rs, sadly stock was over in 1 week.

check out Panasonic KXTG 7233, Heard it has Best quality and clarity for 2100Rs

Also Panasonic KX-TG9361B for 3,980

mohit1981 said:
@HailStonE's : I checked with some of the sellers of ebay ( bombaybazar2009 & hyperciti) . As per them 7301 "they" have is not a dect 6.0. I mailed to other sellers, but so far have not got their reply. I agree with you it is DECT 6.0 because when I checked for this model on internet it says it is 6.0. But these sellers are not ready to agree on it. Wonder if 7301 has different variants!!!!

I don't think so 'coz then the model no. will differ completely.... Here is a flyer...

http://www.eurocoin.com.my/pdf/X-TG7301.pdf

mohit1981 said:
In one of your reply in other thread, you mentioned that we will need id converter for DECT 6.0, to display caller id information on phone. Ebay search only return one result, and price of that converter is Rs. 1000 +shipping. I hope this converter is readily available at local store ( my concern here is that panasonic distributors who are not even aware of what dect 6.0 is, would not be knowing about this converter also)

I think you misunderstood... DECT 6.0 is the transmission technology running on 1.8 -1.9Ghz band... while Caller ID is a different tech/feature of the phone. Around the world many different standards are used to display caller ID info. viz. Bellcore FSK, DTMF, ETSI FSK, V23 FSK for different countries. In US its Bellcore FSK & in India its DTMF. If the caller ID only supports one standard then it can only used in a specific country but few latest phones now come with Universal Caller ID which supports all the standards so can be used all over the world. Older models had support for specific standard so they are unable to display caller ID info in non supported standard.

That's why you will need a caller ID converter (Fintel make) which should cost you ~200 bucks.. That eBay listed converter is from a Taiwanese company called Artech & its damn expensive. I mailed them last year & their converter (Universal Model) was for 1.7k :S

I am using a 900Mhz cordless since last 8-9 years & it only supports Bellcore FSK so I got myself a Fintel DTMF to FSK converter... You can easily get it locally. It looks like an ADSL Splitter & in fact its even written on it as splitter but actually its a caller ID converter.... blame the Chinese... :rofl::rofl:

Praks said:
@mohit1981

Airtel was giving Panasonic KXTG 3611 for just 800 Rs, sadly stock was over in 1 week.

check out Panasonic KXTG 7233, Heard it has Best quality and clarity for 2100Rs
Cnn you please confirm from were you got the price of KXTG 7233. Checked out Panasonic KXTG 7233, : indiatimes has Offer Price : Rs. 7495, rediff shopping price is : Rs. 7650 & ebay does not has one. Will try to contact few ebay sellers to find out what price they can offer on this model....

Is it possible if somebodey else can also re-check with ebay sellers for 7301, as they on their reply are saying it is non DECT 6.0 phone!! I don't understand why are they saying it is non dect phone, when interent search & link provided by HailStonE's cleary say it is DECT 6.0 phone!!!!
Among my present options it seems to be one within budget & with good features..

Mohit, pls check in Panasonic shops in your city, You can have better idea

I saw Panasonic KXTG 7233 on ebay.in few months back.

HailStonE said:
Even 6411 you posted has good features but its slightly expensive than 7301...

Yes, difference of around Rs. 475/, does not have much addition features though.

As I requested above, is it possible if somebody else can also re-check with ebay sellers for 7301, as they on their reply are saying it is non DECT 6.0 phone!!

I want to buy one good cordless phone ASAP.

Has anybody else, by the way, bought or shortlisted any model? If so, please share your model number :ashamed:

Back