Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

img_20200309_141450.jpg

Last edited:
Explore possibility of O2 production from nitrogen: UP CM Yogi Adityanath
Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

They will call this Oxygen-wapsi.
Nope UP Kanfatta is good at renaming stuff. Just rename N2 to O2 and they are done.

Meanwhile Yogi is putting up barriers around crematoriums and posters warning of police action for taking photographs.

Nope UP Kanfatta is good at renaming stuff. Just rename N2 to O2 and they are done.

Meanwhile Yogi is putting up barriers around crematoriums and posters warning of police action for taking photographs.

First filing a police case for asking help on Twitter, and now this. Next you know they will seal borders and shut down internet

Went to a temporary covid center, so far just for minimally symptomatic patients....sadly people ( including doctors) here just don't understand the psychological aspect of this disease...the huge halls are silent, people moving like robots...we've seen all the patients very quickly, none is too sick to enjoy some music..
So I started playing my anti covid song...you can't touch this..in the PA system ( thank God for the 3.5mm out of my cheap Chinese phone) and 8 of us just started dancing and some not so shy nurses joined and within 10-15 minutes the place changed completely... patients started talking/ joking, the nurses, paramedics, even 2 super serious Indian doctors started speaking to patients and among themselves normally.
Now we're ready to take at least 50 critically sick patients.
These people never received any training whatsoever about stress management...sad, really sad..at the same time grateful to have such wonderful colleagues ( they are already dumbfounded by India and so many people on streets even during a semi lockdown)

Last edited:
Considering astrazenca (covidshield) is banned in some countries or not preferred for young people due to rare blood clots, should Indians of age 18-40 prefer covaxin?

Incidence of clotting is very rare. Please get whatever is available after 10-12 days.
In kolkata the availability of vaccine is very low.
This massive spike should come down by first week of June.

Incidence of clotting is very rare. Please get whatever is available after 10-12 days.

Also if clotting risk is there won't doctor put the person who took vaccine on ecospirin for 10 days or so?

Last edited:
Ecosprin is antiplatelet which prevents clot formation in smaller arteries ( it doesn't prevent clot formation in veins/ heart chambers)
Warfarin/ NOACs prevent venous clots ( venous sinus thrombus) or thromboembolism ( where the clot arises from heart..usually left atrial chamber or appendages or some major arteries and end up in cerbreal arteries, usually in middle cerebral or posterior circulation..vertebrobasilar system)
Prescribing Warfarin/ NOAC to everyone can be risky...chance of spontaneous hemorrhagic manifestations.

This massive spike should come down by first week of June.
How long should people wait after recovering from Corona for their vaccination. Also if a person is positive after first dose, can he take next dose normally or should wait longer for the second dose? Thanks in advance

That's a very debatable topic. 4-6 weeks should be safe, but honestly I don't know for sure.
Too many studies with periods ranging from 2-12 weeks.
A humble request to everyone, please don't ask any covid related question tagging me for 2 weeks. Simply because I'm again actively working against covid and all the real life discussions will be covid.
TE is primarily the only non covid website I visit.
However, for any medical queries please feel free to drop a DM like always.

Last edited:
That's a very debatable topic. 4-6 weeks should be safe, but honestly I don't know for sure.
Too many studies with periods ranging from 2-12 weeks.
A humble request to everyone, please don't ask any covid related question tagging me for 2 weeks. Simply because I'm again actively working against covid and all the real life discussions will be covid.
TE is primarily the only non covid website I visit.
However, for any medical queries please feel free to drop a DM like always.
Its good to hear that you have again visited India and started helping out despite the hardships belted by us Indians to your family last time. Stress among doctors & medical staff has gone to the floors. Most of them are not just tired but de-motivated hearing from higher-ups, pressured bureaucrats & political novices. Finally seeing the people cry for their loved ones, they are just zoned out. Hope West Bengal does not get into chaos like what is happening all over India.

Few bad apples exist in all countries. We moved on.
India will soon recover from this. Stay safe. Take care of yourself, family and friends.

Where are the 300 tonnes of emergency Covid-19 supplies that have landed in Delhi in last five days?

No domestic flights have taken off to carry the supplies to other parts of India, nor have states been informed about their share by the Centre.

https://scroll.in/article/993973/wh...s-that-have-landed-in-delhi-in-last-five-days

There were reports that Customs wants declaration of value of each shipment says this article. So 5000 oxygen concentrates, 1000's of oxygen cylinders are apparently sitting in a warehouse in Delhi airport instead of being used immediately to save lives. I don't know what to say. This is so, so sad. Quote Tweet

every medicine has a potential side effect .At present situation we don't have option .There is One more strain- Andhra pradesh strain identified which all of us dreaded it is more virulent and you will have hypoxia from day 4 or 5.

So India needs vaccine and another complete lockdown very quickly and travel ban ASAP.

Great... :rolleyes:

This is not something new. In most of developed nations, unlike us, they do not do CT scans or even MRI left, right and center. It's a lot of radiation indeed. In the USA for example patients usually are wary of the CT scans and do ask a lot of questions (not only because of the exorbitant cost of the scans but also the risks involved).

Back