Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

I have a question about the covid testing procedures, specifically the nasal swabs.

Normal reaction to inserting the swab is to sneeze. If the practitioner doing the testing encounters a covid positive patient and he doesn't change his gloves after each test subject, what is the risk that the next patient can be infected from the previous (if positive) patient's sneeze?

Another part of this question is, are they even changing gloves every patient? I'm talking about India, not more developed countries.

Attachments

• 79293870.jpg
    79293870.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 197
People took precautions and things didn't end up the worst case scenario. This isn't too surprising.

The worst case scenario didn't happen but they were still told that it was happening, that's where the problem lies.
More bullshit is coming from our government too, there are murmurs of another incoming lockdown and the reason they're citing is large crowds gathered during Diwali, what good is imposing another lockdown almost 25 days after a festival has concluded going to do ?

WHO has issued a conditional recommendation against the use of remdesivir in hospitalized patients, regardless of disease severity, as there is currently no evidence that remdesivir improves survival and other outcomes in these patients. source

WHO has issued a conditional recommendation against the use of remdesivir in hospitalized patients, regardless of disease severity, as there is currently no evidence that remdesivir improves survival and other outcomes in these patients. source

Lmao, this organization continues to prove with their flip-flops that they are nothing but a joke.
6 months after thousands, possibly millions of people have been administered the drug and recovered successfully, they come out with a statement like this.
So if it isn't effective, how did all those people recover ? Did they recover due to placebo effect ?
Just like that time they flip-flopped when it comes to masks, lockdowns, HCQ and now Remdesivir. Just two days ago that clown Tedros also tweeted that even the vaccine itself won't be enough to end the casedemic.

Are US/Europe also faking numbers? US almost touched 2lac cases per day. Before festive season all the news stopped. What little precautions people were taking also stopped as everyone was happy to ignore it finally. But its back or it probably never went away.
PHARMA LOBBY/GIANT profit target achieved..
Also wait for Adani cold storage and logistics contracts to handle the vaccines.

Lol... That cost. What was the original msg creator even thinking?
At that cost.. I will go to Dubai, get the vaccine shot, return to India and still save money!!

How Privatization Hobbled Sweden’s Response To Coronavirus

Never expected country like Sweden to be this unrealistic.

"Elderly care home facilities in Stockholm had been barred from calling in a doctor if a patient exhibited symptoms of COVID-19."

There were even reports that recovering covid19 patients were sent to Elderly care homes.

Yeah, very efficient and smooth system to finish off those who created the current affluent system for their next generation. This is how humanity should be. /s

Last edited:
Yea those are unproven allegations, if it were true where are all the relatives of the dead people ? Why isn't anyone protesting ? Maybe they want to keep the narrative going to be utilized for further uncalled for restrictions in other countries.
Most of the deaths happened in the 80-90 year old group, with all these faulty test kits and false positives maybe they died of old age and not covid ?
Just like people on this thread continue to push the narrative about how the government is suppressing the number of cases.
If the cases are high in India and leading to mass hospitalizations where are the images of all the filled ICU's or wards, where are the disgruntled and upset relatives protesting against government inaction ? Is there not a single whistleblower in any hospital or press that'll report about how the govt. is suppressing the numbers ?

Where are all the dead Biharis who attended all those rallies a month ago without wearing masks ?

Number of cases don't equate to number of deaths or hospitalizations, it has a 99% recovery rate and most of those who've tested positive are sitting at home in their pyjamas for 14 days.

Sweden is a curious case smoke screen and it's fan boys are far emotional than right wingers. Kind of pseudo nationalists.

No matter, how miserably a country of merely fail to take care of their citizens, they will still be supported by some.

Swedish virologist says her country's COVID-19 strategy has failed, but nobody will admit it

Coronavirus: Sweden's Tegnell admits too many died

Sweden has admitted its coronavirus immunity predictions were wrong as cases soar across the country

edit: (corrected word 'than' to 'with')

Last edited:
Sweden is a curious case smoke screen and it's fan boys are far emotional with right wingers. Kind of pseudo nationalists.

No matter, how miserably a country of merely fail to take care of their citizens, they will still be supported by some.

Yea this is another nonsensical argument, anyone who questions the mainstream narrative is labelled a nationalistic right-winger nowadays.
All protestors who have been opposing these illogical restrictions over the past month in European countries are being labelled as such by the mainstream media.

Sweden is one of the most liberal countries so I'm not even sure what you're talking about, what leftists and liberals forget is the right wing gets strengthened to restore balance.
In the case of Sweden it was the open door policy of letting in anyone that led to cities like Stockholm having areas literally labelled as Little Mogadishu, areas filled with immigrants unwilling to integrate and deemed unsafe for locals with high crime rates against women, no surprise then if people tend to become ultra nationalist right wingers.

The point is, if it was really that severe, they wouldn't be handing out health certificates for 100 bucks.

Oh man ! This logic is just so bad. Human greed has no end, buddy.

I will give you an example - and this was in "normal" times - I was working for Doctors without Borders around 2011 in a small town called Bijapur in Chattisgarh (around 10 hours away from capital Raipur). The nearest district was/is Jagdalpur. Now Bijapur (and many other "small" towns) were given state of the art tertiary care hospitals with 3-4 OT setups by the government - great job indeed. BUT... the town - and all the towns surrounding it - till we reached Jagdalpur (4 hours drive away) - HAD ZERO SURGEONS and ZERO "WORKING" OTs.
We were very surprised when we saw this. Our primary setup was for pediatric and pregnant females (due to pressure from state government - a discussion for another day) - but we very a small-ish clinic with IPDs, but no OTs (it costs money !). We had to refer many breech pregnancies and other high risk pregnancies/simple surgical patients (like hernia) to Jagdalpur - 4 hours way - in critical condition.
So we decided to contract a surgeon (gem of a fella !) for taking over the local OT - and struck a deal with hospital incharge (remember, we are an INGO, taking ZERO money from patients, but paying hospital costs). All went fine for about 3 months before they shut the OTs down - citing they want to take over and we can't use them anymore. The surgeon had to be sent away.
When we dug into it - it became clear that the CMO and the surgeons in Jagdalpur were behind it. For years, they did not allow areas within 4-6 hours distance from their place to develop medically, and all surgical cases were forced to go Jagdalpur, EVEN IF IT MEANT DYING ON THE WAY (you can't imagine a breech pregnancy stuck midway, with the woman lying on all 4 hours to make sure the baby does not come out suddenly, with maybe other issues like cord around the neck etc. It's not just terrible, it's inhumane).
The greed was so huge that even now, in 2020, the OTs are non functional. There is no surgeon, and the neonatal death rates are high due to such shit practices by doctors.

I have so many anecdotes to show what human greed can do. Doesn't matter if it's 100 bucks or 100k bucks. That place, quite literally, changed my life.

Lmao, this organization continues to prove with their flip-flops that they are nothing but a joke.
6 months after thousands, possibly millions of people have been administered the drug and recovered successfully, they come out with a statement like this.
So if it isn't effective, how did all those people recover ? Did they recover due to placebo effect ?
Just like that time they flip-flopped when it comes to masks, lockdowns, HCQ and now Remdesivir. Just two days ago that clown Tedros also tweeted that even the vaccine itself won't be enough to end the casedemic.

Gilead knew that RemD DID NOT work. This was in fact known before the final EU pricing was finalized, but corporate greed my dear friend ! If you read into the history of RemD, you will realize that it is a drug in search of a disease. :D
So many drugs that you hear about have no basis for working in COVID since they were tested in vitro at such high concentrations that it is almost unachievable in humans - the best example being Ivermectin. All doctors prescribe it for COVID, while we have zero evidence that it works at therapeutic doses.
Doxy/Azithro/ZINC: Some evidence does exist here and there. We still need large scale trials so that the **** up with RemD is not repeated.

BUT..COVID is real. While the maximum cases will be asymptomatic, it does not rule out whosoever is dying from it. I am hella scared for my parents, who are both diabetic and hypertensive.
Just day before yesterday, my close friend's uncle and aunt - both passed away due to COVID. The children - 13 and 15 - are orphans now. Imagine that !

Oh man ! This logic is just so bad. Human greed has no end, buddy.

Not discounting human greed at all but this isn't some small town in 2011, I'm talking about a tier 1 city in 2020 in the middle of the pandemic.
Not like it's a small testing center either, it's a big one in the middle of a busy road run by the corporation itself. My point was not about selling ones morals for small amounts but making money because there was little to no risk involved because the threat has been overexaggerated.

Gilead knew that RemD DID NOT work. This was in fact known before the final EU pricing was finalized, but corporate greed my dear friend ! If you read into the history of RemD, you will realize that it is a drug in search of a disease. :D
So many drugs that you hear about have no basis for working in COVID since they were tested in vitro at such high concentrations that it is almost unachievable in humans - the best example being Ivermectin. All doctors prescribe it for COVID, while we have zero evidence that it works at therapeutic doses.
Doxy/Azithro/ZINC: Some evidence does exist here and there. We still need large scale trials so that the **** up with RemD is not repeated.

BUT..COVID is real. While the maximum cases will be asymptomatic, it does not rule out whosoever is dying from it. I am hella scared for my parents, who are both diabetic and hypertensive.
Just day before yesterday, my close friend's uncle and aunt - both passed away due to COVID. The children - 13 and 15 - are orphans now. Imagine that !

Thing is, friend's dad was admitted last month due to Covid and the first thing they administered to him was RemD.
I sent my friend the above link today, his dad swears that his condition improved after they gave him RemD and they're unable to make sense of the WHO recommendation so there's that too.
If its effectiveness was not proven and the doctors were using it for all patients in his ward and their condition improved as a result, what does that mean ?

Thing is, friend's dad was admitted last month due to Covid and the first thing they administered to him was RemD.
I sent my friend the above link today, his dad swears that his condition improved after they gave him RemD and they're unable to make sense of the WHO recommendation so there's that too.
If its effectiveness was not proven and the doctors were using it for all patients in his ward and their condition improved as a result, what does that mean ?
It can even mean that by that particular day, his body was able to overcome the infection on it's own (or with the help of ongoing meds) - correlation is not causation.

Nobody can say for sure, but if you look at the clinical trial data - you would know it's all hogwash. As Gilead was looking for a disease for the drug, they jumped on the bangwagon of positive news, hid stuff from regulators, and both regulators and doctors were more than happy to just try anything which can work.

I see Ivermectin going the same way. Already there are cautious papers proving it does not work at current doses - but the outcome will be far less since it's a generic drug, and no major company will be hit. It will go back to it's deworming status.

Back