Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

To all authorites, scientsts and experts around the world, to whom this concerns the entire world

@red dragon and any other members on this forum who have knowledge about what Dr Geert Vanden Bossche says.

I am really scared after reading that five page article.

1.Have NK-cell based vaccines been developed before for any other epidemic ?

2. Are there any ongoing efforts for developing NK-cell based vaccines for COVID-19 ?

Anybody ?:nailbiting::nailbiting::confused::confused:
I'm really glad that you went through it and understood the very crucial concept of natural killer cells, unfortunately there's nothing to promote the growth of the NK cells from outside even in very carefully designed in vitro studies ( at least I couldn't find anything in Guyton/ Ganong's textbooks)
Both me and my wife and 2 senior research fellows spent the entire morning and afternoon reading up textbooks ( no google, papers etc. Just good old textbooks of physiology, as we believe the answers are in these books not in some hurriedly written covid paper) and could find nothing...it's almost 18:00 hours here and we are really exhausted reading and reading...

I'm really glad that you went through it and understood the very crucial concept of natural killer cells, unfortunately there's nothing to promote the growth of the NK cells from outside even in very carefully designed in vitro studies ( at least I couldn't find anything in Guyton/ Ganong's textbooks)
Both me and my wife and 2 senior research fellows spent the entire morning and afternoon reading up textbooks ( no google, papers etc. Just good old textbooks of physiology, as we believe the answers are in these books not in some hurriedly written covid paper) and could find nothing...it's almost 18:00 hours here and we are really exhausted reading and reading...
@red dragon .I am tongue-tied with what you said..Salutations....

Then ... I guess it will be just maintaining COVID protocol for everybody on Planet Earth (S for social distancing,M for masks ,S for sanitiser.soap ,V for ventilated enviroments etc etc.)

But then again considering the devil-may-care attitude of our overlords and the general indiscipline on the Indian subcontinent ,I think we are all ...............................................

Last edited:
All the best mate!! This too shall pass, of course get the vaccine when test positivity goes below 5.
If you got means and options, get the Moderna Biontech one. According to some insiders they may change the impregnated mRNA which will protect against the B.1.1.167 and B.1.1.7
All the best!!

1619285740223.png

We can't blame the public. When the most famous doctor ( who possibly doesn't know the definition of epidemic anymore) says in public that vaccinating 100 percent will wipe out covid.
Look at Chile's blunder, they were the 3rd fastest vaccinating country with 9.8 percent case positivity in middle of their campaign, they didn't stop and now the entire country is suffering.
I'm not anti vaccine ( I vaccinated village after village in some African countries) but this timing is crazy.
Was the sinopharma vaccine the reason? it was a dud efficacy rate of around 50%

Last edited:
@mannrak2003 I've not read Geert's document fully mate, you have, so you'll be able to better compare and correlate the arguments both parties make.

I'm just giving a couple of links. Geert has also responded to a few critics on his Twitter but I've not investigated everything to provide the most updated info.

The problem seems to be that he suggests pausing the vaccination but doesn't have a replacement, which he's apparently been unsuccessfully working on for long, for the current vaccine. If I'm not mistaken red dragon said the same (NK cells) in his post above. Whoever is reading this verify the information yourself.

Last edited:
I didn't read the second oor third article.
But alomost everything mentioned in the first article is true BUT only true during non pandemic situation.
It's clearly written in Park's textbook, that our knowledge of viral communicable diseases including definition of case / control/ symptomatic/ asymptomatic do and will continue to change in an epidemic ( to ensure effective public health measures)
During an pandemic, in a given geographical area where case positive rate is more than 25 percent, where not all the population can be tested, it's safer to assume everyone is infected with the most prevalent strain ( if it has shown considerable immune escape)
Nowhere in the article it states it's perfectly fine to go ahead with prophylaxis vaccination in very high rate of transmission and enormous case load in a given geographical area.

What bothered me a lot more were the disturbing comments from virtually every user on one particular site when I was looking for some article that analyzed Bossche's theory. They all seemed anti-vax, claiming people they know suffered from stroke after getting the vaccine and truly believe there is no pandemic and no need for any vaccine. Man, I'm at a loss for words when they start praying for forgiveness because someone they knew got the shot. I'll link to that later but it was distressing enough that I stopped digging into this matter.

Please try to understand I'm not an anti vaxxer. I have fought this war in Spain in one of the worst hit hospital during the most horrifying spikes.
Lost 2 of the closest friends in the war, lost my ex ( she was only 32), couldn't even attend her funeral due to travel restrictions ( that's just an excuse to deal with my conscience...was too tired and lazy)
Vaccine and steroids are our only two effective weapons against this virus.
The first one for prophylaxis, second for active disease.
Anti vaxxers are brain dead people.

Ya not you mate, appreciate all that you've done. Though I had slight quibbles with the recent threads I did learn a thing or two so thank you for that.
I was referring to comments by Lady Sane and others at the bottom of these 2 articles.

Some more weird comments on this article

People who still think the entire epidemic is a hoax should be chained to a covid ICU ( with full PPE, so that he/ she doesn't get infected) for a 8 hour shift just to witness how easily a human life ends with matter of minutes, and what kind of enormous physcial and mental labour a nurse or a doctor has to give to resuscitate a single cardiac arrest.
i think Maharashtra and thankfully may be Mumbai are plateauing
Finally!! Hope in next 2 weeks the entire nation does. Now after this kind of transmission, India will probably get a breather.
Immunity from a natural infection usually has a wide spectrum.
Hope India can take this enormous load for another 2-3 weeks and come out victorious.

Last edited:
i think Maharashtra and thankfully may be Mumbai are plateauing
Too early to say. We are under 90% lockdown which was necessitated to break the viral chain. From what I understand, there will be an extension for a week or so to give the already over-burdened health sector time to recoup and then gradually ease the lockdown depending on the situation.
Let's face it... People will revert back to their old habits undoing whatever little good which has been achieved.

Lockdown!!?? India is in lockdown??
Some parts are..
Also one question for you doc. I must visit the hospital for some unavoidable work. Now that it is understood that the covid virus is airborne, what can i do to minimize the chances of getting it in indoor environment of the hospital.

Is p100 mask over a surgical mask good idea. Also, should I get goggles and gloves with a full medical gown.

Or its the same if I simply put on an n95

If you have a p100 mask, nothing like it ( just replace the filters after coming back) Same goes for goggles, gloves and gown.
If you have to buy them for a single hospital visit, it's your call mate.
N95 is usually adequate if you're not visiting patient areas.
Please make sure you get rid of the disposable gown and gloves before entering your living space.
Buddy, please let me know if my posts are difficult to comprehend grammatically. I'm not doing it intentionally. Somehow can't express properly in English.

Last edited:
If you have a p100 mask, nothing like it ( just replace the filters after coming back) Same goes for goggles, gloves and gown.
If you have to buy them for a single hospital visit, it's your call mate.
N95 is usually adequate if you're not visiting patient areas.
Please make sure you get rid of the disposable gown and gloves before entering your living space.
Buddy, please let me know if my posts are difficult to comprehend grammatically. I'm not doing it intentionally. Somehow can't express properly in English.
Please doc. You are giving me very important advice being a formally educated epidemiologist and here the grammar doesn't matter. This is the second time I will be acting on your advice (first time was for a blon bl03 :) )

Your English was easily comprehensible then and it is easily comprehensible now.

Really appreciate your inputs.

Back