Storage Solutions Corsair after-sales service : Absent from India?

I bought Corsair Voyager pen drive from one of the dealers from TE Market section. I chose it partly because the performance and partly due to great warranty promised.

To my shock, when my drive went bad, and I contacted Corsair support forms, this is the reply I got

I am sorry I would not know other than to offer a direct RMA but you would have to send the unit to Taiwan or Netherlands and that my be more than the cost of the PSU.

Is this really the case?

Corsair has one of the better customer support in the country handled by Tirupati & Kaizen. Aren't they offering you a replacement?

Deus Ex Machina said:
I bought Corsair Voyager pen drive from one of the dealers from TE Market section. I chose it partly because the performance and partly due to great warranty promised.

To my shock, when my drive went bad, and I contacted Corsair support forms, this is the reply I got

Is this really the case?
u can get instant rma at kaizen or u can ship to them they ship new one back asap . i have rmaed pendrive once and they sent new one same day they received it . no bill etc needed .

AFAIK, I too had a bad experience. Spoke to Kaizen guys over the phone and explained to them that I cannot come over physically to hand over the damaged drive.

They insisted that I come personally *at least* to deposit the pen drive,a nd also insisted on bringing the bill.

Both issues cannot happen (I bought it from Ebay and misplaced the bill).

So its been over 6 months and my flash disk is lying dead.

Is Corsair Support listening? (I believe they are a member on this forum)

Desecrator said:
Corsair has one of the better customer support in the country handled by Tirupati & Kaizen. Aren't they offering you a replacement?
RoBoGhOsT said:
u can get instant rma at kaizen or u can ship to them they ship new one back asap . i have rmaed pendrive once and they sent new one same day they received it . no bill etc needed .
I tried emailing them. No reply yet. But hearing your experiences, I think I should give them another chance. Shall call them soon.

I will share my experience with corsair - one thing for sure these kaizen guys are very careless.
I wanted to RMA TX850 & he gave me receipt of HX850. I asked him do you know the price difference in HX & TX model, to which he responded both are same. Although I was getting a better PSU I insisted for TX850 & called their CC in Banglore a few times to get correct PSU. But strange thing was that they sent me 8GB pendrive, I called them that moment only & they assured me that I would receive the PSU on the same day. I have received the PSU finally & after 2 weeks got a call from kaizen enquiring about pendrive. I told them I will not go to the service centre which is 40 Km from my place & told them if they want pendrive arrange a pickup which they did after a week or so.

Although they promise to send replacement in a week but sometimes it takes 1-2 weeks for the same with so many follow ups.

vivacious_tg said:
Although I was getting a better PSU I insisted for TX850
Not a very brave move there! The HX is one of the most efficient power supplies out there. You may probably know that already. ;)

Anyways, did you get the replacement?

Desecrator said:
Not a very brave move there! The HX is one of the most efficient power supplies out there. You may probably know that already. ;)

Anyways, did you get the replacement?

Honestly that was a difficult decision to make as I was getting a Modular PSU which is 80+ silver but TX850 is more than enough for my rig/future upgrade, so I refrained my self from greediness.

Ya i got the replacement with all accessories.

above all service related issues are not only with Corsair, the matter is same along all other brands which sells low volume premium parts !!!

amd999 said:
above all service related issues are not only with Corsair, the matter is same along all other brands which sells low volume premium parts !!!
JFYI Corsair power supplies do not sell in low volumes. They have a pretty good customer base in our country albeit the brand may not be very popular in Kerala as well as some remote state.

Just curious, but what could be *the* best power supply one could buy from there ATM? The Powersafe 600W? Please do not take my query in the wrong sense. :)

those who want to rma pendrive , why don't u call them ,.take address and ship it there? I had shipped mine after calling them and they shipped.new one for free back . I sent to Indore kaizen center .

Yeah, Kaizen should sort this out for you without you having to break into a sweat. I had my 2.5 year old Flash Voyager, which was in a very poor physical condition replaced without a trouble.

P.S. I didn't have a bill either.

I really wish these service centres start accepting stuff through courier services - if not let the courier company itself pick it up, do the packing and send it. Just like WD, but WD goes an extra mile, does everything and perhaps delays the whole process as well. :\

@
Deus Ex Machina: Go to Nehru Place,Delhi if u can and handover the pendrive to them they will ask for 1 week and will RMA it for u.
I replaced my drive 2 times as it's the most convenient as they could not able to provide u the receiving recipt if you send the drive through courier

Back